PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2008 schedule release thread [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: It's Out!!!

Flying from Seattle to Oakland is a helluva lot easier than traveling across 3 time zones and spending 5-6 hours on a plane.

Right, that's my feeling also. Except it's 5-6 hours on a plane X 2.

It will be interesting to see how the team deals with it.

Actually, I was referring to myself, that will be alot of driving up and down the California coast for me. I'm sure the Pats will handle it fine. :)

Actually, I was referring to myself, that will be alot of driving up and down the California coast for me. I'm sure the Pats will handle it fine. :)

Maybe the team can crash at your place.

Wow, TWO back to back West Coasters. I wonder if Kraft asked for that to cut down on the travel if they stay out there.

No way they stay out west.
Looks like they might :

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/articles/2008/04/20/brown_out_period_ending/?page=2

"When the NFL unveiled the 2008 schedule last Tuesday, conspiracy theorists wondered whether the Patriots, perhaps as a result of their videotaping issues, were intentionally given a harder row to hoe with two sets of back-to-back trips to the West Coast: games at San Francisco and San Diego (Oct. 5, 12) and at Seattle and Oakland (Dec. 7, 14).

But it wouldn't be a surprise to learn that the Patriots actually requested such an arrangement.

The Dolphins did just that in 2004, when they faced road games at Seattle and San Francisco. They ended up staying out West for a week - a strategy Patriots coach Bill Belichick said is under consideration - and were pleased with how things turned out (they lost at Seattle, 24-17, before beating the 49ers by that same score)."

Here's how I see it.

@SF: Win
@SD: Loss
@SEA: Win
@OAK: Win.

Seattle could easily be interchangeable for a loss but I can't see that happening because: 1) I see our defense being better this year than last year, and 2) I can't see Seattle's running game being much better than it was last year.

That said, I think we're due for a loss in SD and coming back from a West Coast game the week before in San Fran, I think we'll be ripe for the picking.

I dont understand why everyone but me thinks that we are going to lose to SD. They have done nothing to show they can beat the patriots, not even when they had a "better team".

i still think that pats will defeat SD. We have 6+ months to find out.

I think they will stay for the case of SF & SD. But maybe not for SEA & OAK.

I dont understand why everyone but me thinks that we are going to lose to SD. They have done nothing to show they can beat the patriots, not even when they had a "better team".

I wouldn't be surprised if we lost to San Diego this time. For all their immaturity, they do have a pretty good football team and their resiliency in the playoffs is the stuff that championship teams are built on. Seriously, the refs were handing the divisional game to the Colts, they lost LT and Rivers and STILL WON. If our D wasn't on point in the AFCCG they could have made the SB (Rivers would have been killed by the Giants pass rush though).

Out of all the West Coast teams we are playing this year on the road, they have the best chance to beat us. The Seahawks are still too one-dimensional.

Plus, one could argue that they should have one the Championship game if not for a hobbled QB, star RB, and star TE.

Out of all the West Coast teams we are playing this year on the road, they have the best chance to beat us. The Seahawks are still too one-dimensional.

Plus, one could argue that they should have one the Championship game if not for a hobbled QB, star RB, and star TE.

I disagree, I for one am not jumping on the Chargers are awsome bandwagon. I saw them for what they were last season, a team that stuggled in the begining, caught a wave, and have a qb that was to immature to ride it to the top. Plus, I beilve that the patritos play is equal to the level of team they are playing, meaning if the chargers would have stepped there game up and had a heathly qb, and running back, then the patriots would have been that much better if they had to be. (I'm talking normal patriots, not this years superbowl patriots)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back