PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

20 Most Lopsided NFL Trades: Bleacher report

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bledsoe deal doesn't belong there
Edwards deal doesn't belong there
Boldin deal was bad, but not top 10 bad
Moss to Vikings deal doesn't belong there, and the writer has it at #1

That's some pretty atrocious stuff, there.

I thought for sure he'd just left that one off, or had originally packaged it in the Moss to NE item, then dropped it for length. Then surprise surprise, there it is at #1...

Nah. It was a great In Bill We Trust moment, but Randy wasn't responsible for the Pats playing better without Randy. If there's any tread left on that tire, BB can be credited with reluctantly realizing it wasn't going to be used in NE, but that's about it really. Had he come away with a 2 for Randy or something you could argue it was a pretty good deal, but a 4? On its own merits? No. Leave it as a footnote to his #2 (pretty highly rated, but perhaps justifiably when you realize how the Pats fared getting out of it.)

While Elway is Elway I agree Rison was very good and I think Hinton was an all pro on the OL at least a few years.

Edit:Just checked my facts Hinton was a 7 time pro bowler and rison 5 time...

The fact that Washington actually did NOTHING with rake they recieved for Ricky Williams is astounding. How is that possible...seriously? Nothing? lololol

The Ricky Williams trade could have finished the Saints for the next 15years. They came back...amazingly to win a Super Bowl!
Kind of makes Ditka look inept...and a shoe in to provide expert commentary for ESPN.

The Ollie Matson trade is kind of funny because it implies that the Cardinals got the better end of the deal trading him for 9 players. Matson was an All-Pro in 1959, and most of the guys who were on the other end of the trade left the Cardinals and went to the AFL, if they ever played at all.

Also if you're asking yourself 'who' about Andre Rison then you're 10 years old or started watching football in this past decade. He wasn't John Elway, but let's not act like he was a no-name

Also they mention how important Santonio Holmes was to the Jets and talk about Pittsburgh's loss and New York's gain... but, if I remember correctly, Pittsburgh beat the Jets to go to the Super Bowl...

When I think of Rison I think of 1996.

First with Jax-catching pasess and hail mary's to almost win that game for the Jags in the regular season.

Then with GB in the Super Bowl with his 54 yrd TD.

Then comes his hosue being torched by his girlfriend.

I love that the Pats are on the list so much, but it's clear the writer is a huge Patriots fan, and writes like it. No way was the Moss trade back to Minn the most lopsided in NFL history, that's insane.

Bledsoe deal doesn't belong there
Edwards deal doesn't belong there
Boldin deal was bad, but not top 10 bad
Moss to Vikings deal doesn't belong there, and the writer has it at #1

That's some pretty atrocious stuff, there.

That's why I commend the OP for the consideration to us potential readers in putting Bleacher Report in the title. Saves me the time wasted reading the article and I can just enjoy the hilarity of pissed off retorts.

Since his rookie season, Anquan Boldin has been one of the most gifted and toughest receivers in the NFL. He is also one of the best run-blocking receivers in the game.

Boldin was getting fed up with the Cardinals because they unjustly refused to pay him what he was worth.

Baltimore didn’t care. They knew what they would obtain one of the best the league has to offer.

Baltimore only gave up 2010 third-, fourth- and fifth-round draft picks.

lol. Is this some kind of an inside joke? Boldin is 30 years old, on the downside of his career, and hasn't been a truly elite receiver since 2006 (and it could be argued that much of his production was due to Fitzgerald's double teams.)

Brandon Marshall is 26 and cost a second round pick. Santonio Holmes is 26 and cost a fifth round pick. Deion Branch was better this season and cost a fourth round pick.

Bad trades are when teams outbid themselves out of desperation. Arizona couldn't re-sign Boldin, so they put him on the market and sold to the highest bidder. Not sure how anyone could consider that a bad trade.

That's why I commend the OP for the consideration to us potential readers in putting Bleacher Report in the title. Saves me the time wasted reading the article and I can just enjoy the hilarity of pissed off retorts.

I hear you. I don't mind the "best ever" stuff, because you'll almost never get unanimity and it's a fun way to kill some time. I just think people should spend more than a millisecond thinking about it before they write the article.

Last edited:
#14 I'm pretty sure Bettis was traded from St. Louis not LA.

When I think of Rison I think of 1996.

First with Jax-catching pasess and hail mary's to almost win that game for the Jags in the regular season.

Then with GB in the Super Bowl with his 54 yrd TD.

Then comes his hosue being torched by his girlfriend.

when i think of rison i think of hart lee dykes.

The Ricky Williams trade could have finished the Saints for the next 15years. They came back...amazingly to win a Super Bowl!
Kind of makes Ditka look inept...and a shoe in to provide expert commentary for ESPN.

Well played!

No trade, activity or transaction can damage a team for 15 years. Every single team in the NFL is no more than 3 years away from being a contender if they can get smart guys running the ship. The trick is getting those smart guys.

when i think of rison i think of hart lee dykes.

When I think of Hart Lee Dykes I think of Eugene Chung. But then I think of Patrick Chung and I'm okay again. I think.

The fact that Washington actually did NOTHING with rake they recieved for Ricky Williams is astounding. How is that possible...seriously? Nothing? lololol

That's not entirely true. They packaged a bunch of those picks to jump back up from 12th to 7th and grab Champ Bailey. They used New Orleans' 5th rounder to jump 3 spots in the second round and take Jon Jansen. They also used the 2000 Saints 1st rounder (2nd overall) on Lavar Arrington. So it wasn't a bad haul at all.

Washingtonpost.com: Redskins Wheel, Deal, Draft a Champ

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick