PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

12/29 Giants/Pats Game and NFL Network/Local Channels [mergedx2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: NFL Network

As we can see its all about the money with the NFL.........what a surprise:eek:

Thank god I pay for the NFL network, living in Connecticut I would have not got this game without it.

Is it possible to distribute the Pats-Giants game on any other channel other than the NFL Network? Some are saying that Ch. 5 will carry it. If not, the Dish folks will be the only ones to see the Pats go 16-0

Yes, Channel 5 will be carrying it.

Thankfully we recently switched to Verizon Fios which has NFLN

It can't be moved no matter what. It's on NFL network and not going anywhere.

But they COULD syndicate their feed
to stations anywhere
willing to pay for it.

The bigbux potential of that game MIGHT
induce Jets Commish Godell to lighten up on the refs' guidelines
so that the Pats have some reasonable chance to be carrying 15 wins into that game.

Screw NFL Network.

I'll listen to the radio like the good old days. Who needs this crap? The NFL should be taken out back and have a .45 put in its head for selling out its fan base.

Oh, I forgot, that's the name of the game.

seriously, the quality of the nfl network broadcasts are so horrible, it'd be better to listen to the game on radio. unfortunately I dont think I'll hacve that option

Huh? There's a rule against it?

Umm, yes. The only games that can be moved are 1:00 and 4:00 Sunday games to NBC SNF. The NFL has negotiated half a billion dollar contracts with the networks (in ESPN's case it's worth over a billion) to broadcast the games. Why would they jeopardize those deals, which don't expire until 2011, just for one game?

Screw NFL Network.

I'll listen to the radio like the good old days. Who needs this crap? The NFL should be taken out back and have a .45 put in its head for selling out its fan base.

Oh, I forgot, that's the name of the game.

It's only a few bucks a month. Geeez, I spend mountains more on TVs, DVRs, DVDs, CDs, and BVDs.

NFL Network, Channel 5 in Boston, and one network channel in NYC... that's it.

If you don't get NFL Network or Channel 5 or the NYC station, you won't get the game.

I've even heard the rumor that it will only be on Channel 5's over the air signal... not on the cable feed.

Umm, yes. The only games that can be moved are 1:00 and 4:00 Sunday games to NBC SNF. The NFL has negotiated half a billion dollar contracts with the networks (in ESPN's case it's worth over a billion) to broadcast the games. Why would they jeopardize those deals, which don't expire until 2011, just for one game?

How does moving a game off the NFL Network jeopardize those deals?

It's only a few bucks a month. Geeez, I spend mountains more on TVs, DVRs, DVDs, CDs, and BVDs.

A few bucks a month if you have the option to order it. I can't get DirectTv where I am.

Because that's part of the deal.. the NFL Network games are locked in... as are the Monday night games... they aren't available to be flexed.

Which network gets it then? CBS? FOX and ESPN will complain. FOX? CBS and ESPN will complain. And it wouldn't be fair that a network gets this game without paying for it. The owners would have to agree to make this change in the TV contracts and I believe the next owner's meeting isn't until the spring. They want the NFLN to grow anyway, so it's never going to happen.

Last edited:

I really get the feeling that this game will be moved if the Patriots are 15-0.

No way will the NFL freeze out a big chunk of the country. Ain't gonna happen.

yup, no way for it moved, none wutsoever...

NFLN sucks, cuz this is just bulls**t......

and the giants-pats game is not the only pats game thats gonna be on NFLN either....well be missing at least 2, i think 3 of the last 7

yup, no way for it moved, none wutsoever...

NFLN sucks, cuz this is just bulls**t......

and the giants-pats game is not the only pats game thats gonna be on NFLN either....well be missing at least 2, i think 3 of the last 7

NFLN has Packers-Cowboys on November 29.

A few bucks a month if you have the option to order it. I can't get DirectTv where I am.

I feel for you. Maybe you have a friend that can Slingbox with you?

I feel for you. Maybe you have a friend that can Slingbox with you?
I have a secret to share with you all, you can get the nfl network right now over the internet free... shhhhh! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes