PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

12/29 Giants/Pats Game and NFL Network/Local Channels [mergedx2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Patriots/Giants only on NFLN?

My condo complex has a deal with Comcast so I can't get any other service. I think we pay $8/month for the sports package which includes NFLN, NHLN, ESPN Classic, and a bunch of college/soccer channels. As much of a scam that the channel/provider is, at least we have the option of getting it. I think Cablevision doesn't have the channel at all.
Your condo can't stop you from getting DirecTV if you choose, it would be against the law, the Open Communications Act or somesuch.

Yeah, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. We're not allowed to drill anything to the outside brick. And the "deal" with Comcast only saves us $ on installation fees. We tried negotiating but they know we have no leverage.
As I mentioned in another post, it's agains the law for your complex to prevent you from putting up a satellite dish. They may have "rules", but if push comes to shove, they woudl have to back down. You just need to rattle a few cages, threaten to sue.

As I mentioned in another post, it's agains the law for your complex to prevent you from putting up a satellite dish. They may have "rules", but if push comes to shove, they woudl have to back down. You just need to rattle a few cages, threaten to sue.

I'm not 100% sure (and am not a lawyer), but I think they can prohibit dishes in common spaces but not areas where you have exclusive use (deck, patio, etc). The outside walls and the roof (which they maintain) are considered common space so they can prohibit them.

Again, not totally sure. Mine is on my own balcony (and NFLN comes with the basic package on DISH).

My condo complex has a deal with Comcast so I can't get any other service. I think we pay $8/month for the sports package which includes NFLN, NHLN, ESPN Classic, and a bunch of college/soccer channels. As much of a scam that the channel/provider is, at least we have the option of getting it. I think Cablevision doesn't have the channel at all.
Yes, you can! Just put it up, and if they say anything tell them to argue their case with the fcc, not you

http://www.fcc.gov/mb/facts/otard.html

NFLN is part of the DirectTV basic package (I think).

Not sure about comcast or Dish assuming that you are a comcast customer.

You should check the web-site of your providor. The alternative to not getting the game at home is to go to your favorite sports bar.

NFL Network is also part of basic Dish Network.

NFLN is part of the DirectTV basic package (I think).

Not sure about comcast or Dish assuming that you are a comcast customer.

NFLN is avaliable on the basic package on DISH as well. If for some reason you don't have it on either one of the two satellite systems you can call the company and order the channel for a month if you only want to watch one game (I've done this before but with a different channel). I have no idea about Comcast and the other northeast cable companies.

I'm not 100% sure (and am not a lawyer), but I think they can prohibit dishes in common spaces but not areas where you have exclusive use (deck, patio, etc). The outside walls and the roof (which they maintain) are considered common space so they can prohibit them.

Again, not totally sure. Mine is on my own balcony (and NFLN comes with the basic package on DISH).

and even if they prohibit drilling into the brick, find some way to clamp it. The FCC settled this issue about ten years ago and declared it a free speech issue IIRC. A google search for satellite, condo and CCR should get you the information you need.

and even if they prohibit drilling into the brick, find some way to clamp it. The FCC settled this issue about ten years ago and declared it a free speech issue IIRC. A google search for satellite, condo and CCR should get you the information you need.

Someone posted a link to the FCC guidelines earlier in the thread, and there is a Q&A on condos in it. It does say that the rulings do not apply to the common areas. Maybe they've changed it since then, don't know.

There is a possible FOOTBALL implication here.
Although the Colts have been Park Avenue's favorite team for a number of years,
if the irresistible force that is the Pats keeps rolling
... and the quest for a perfect season becomes more and more THE big sports story ...
then in the interest of ratings and boosting their infant network (for which they have such great $$ hopes)
... Park Avenue may soon realize that
they want the Patriots to win.

Goodbye! to all the zebras' managed outcomes.
Hello! to fair and impartial refereeing.
(They can do that.
MOST GAMES - almost all games - are fairly and impartially refereed.)

I just hope they don't bend over backwards
and give this splendid team some unfair advantage.
Wouldn't THAT be ironic?

You can all come to my house.

I have the NFLNetwork and hell it just might be fun!

Hopefully, NFLNetwork will simulcast the '72 Dolphins choking on their prune juice. :bricks:

Anyone know anything about getting NFLN on Cox cable in RI?

If it's against the association rules to have a satellite dish outside the house, you can't do it, no matter how you attach it.

The FCC rules only apply to what the owner actually owns, like a lanai or patio. A condo owner does not own the outside walls, roof, yard etc.

I'm in the same situation and researched it enough to know that I'm screwed. :(

According to what I've read, I should be able to "watch" the game on one of the local NYC stations, yes? [I live in southwestern CT.]

Hey, I live in Norwalk. If we are still in it undefeated I'll provide the snacks!

That's a bad call by the NFL...I mean, I know they made the schedule out before the Pats were 9-0 but imagine all the fans who won't be able to see the (gods willing) 15-0 Pats going for historic win 16.

Then again, the League probably looks at it as a way to boost NFLN subscriptions. It's all about the money...

if you're in the Greater Boston area then it will be simulcast on Channel 5 as well as on NFLN, BUT if you're in NH/ME/VT/CT/RI/W Mass then you SOL.
Ha ha. What goes around, comes around.

In the bad old days when the Pats weren't selling out, people in NH/ME/VT/CT/RI/W Mass got to see home games, and those in Boston were SOL.

I was lucky. In Southern NH I could get WCSH in Portland and watch home games. And now I have NFLN.

Life is Good.

NFL Network

Is it possible to distribute the Pats-Giants game on any other channel other than the NFL Network? Some are saying that Ch. 5 will carry it. If not, the Dish folks will be the only ones to see the Pats go 16-0

Last edited:
Re: NFL Network

Is it possible to distribute the Pats-Giants game on any other channel other than the NFL Network? Some are saying that Ch. 5 will carry it. If not, the Dish folks will be the only ones to see the Pats go 16-0

I really get the feeling that this game will be moved if the Patriots are 15-0.

No way will the NFL freeze out a big chunk of the country. Ain't gonna happen.

It can't be moved no matter what. It's on NFL network and not going anywhere.

I disagree. There would be nothing better to promote their network and get the cable companies to start ponying up.

good thing i have directv

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes