PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

12/29 Giants/Pats Game and NFL Network/Local Channels [mergedx2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: NFL Network

I feel for you. Maybe you have a friend that can Slingbox with you?

I do have Slingbox.

Slung from Hartford, Ct., Cox cable, out of luck there too.

I have a secret to share with you all, you can get the nfl network right now over the internet free... shhhhh! :)

OK, shoot.

Or shoot me an email through the private messages.

I really dont see a problem here. I have Directv

Will local markets get to see this game on local channels? Because metrocast still won't pay to get the games :mad:

Apologies if this has already been posted. I just today remembered last year's fiasco.

Re: 12/29 game & NFL Channel

Channel 5 Boston. If you don't receive the signal in your area you're SOL.

This is the fourth thread asking the same question...

Mods, you may want to sticky this info so we don't get a lot of repeats.

NFLN will have it... In San Diego thats Channel 332 on Cox I believe. I'll be leaving work early that day to watch the game in it's entirety.

Check with your cable provider. Our provider, Metrocast, - and I believe many others - won't pay the NFL the extra money for the games. We get the NFL channel, but not the games.

Sorry for the duplicate thread. I was pretty sure it would have come up by now, but stuff disappears off the first page pretty quickly with the busy board these days.

I've even heard the rumor that it will only be on Channel 5's over the air signal... not on the cable feed.

Can you explain that to me? We do get Boston's channel five up here in central NH. What's the difference between over the air signal and cable feed?

This is going to hurt NFL revenues.

That will get their attention. Sure, Bostonians can watch the game but what about all the people in NY? What about the rest of the country, or even internationally? Do they expect that everybody who would normally tune in would trudge to a sports bar and pay attention to the commercials?

An NFL network if fine but they should make it part of a basic package, or at least a pay per view.

I really get the feeling that this game will be moved if the Patriots are 15-0.

No way will the NFL freeze out a big chunk of the country. Ain't gonna happen.
Adam Schefter has stated most emphatically that that will not happen... NFLN also has another huge game this season: GB-Dal on 11/29. So I imagine a lot of people will be upset to not get that game.

Re: Patriots/Giants only on NFLN?

I just realized (from listening to WEEI) that the Patriots/Giants game - a game that many believe would be a historic chance for the Patriots to lock up a perfect regular season - will be on the NFL Network and only the NFL Network.

Anyone know how much NFLN costs? Can you just buy it for a month or so? Or do you need to subscribe for a full year?

I'm not so much outraged as disappointed - I'll find a way to see the game no question but there are millions of "good" fans out there who just aren't going to subscribe to the NFL Network because of one game - and they get as much enjoyment out of watching the Pats play as I do

So millions of people are going to miss what could be a very historic game

Can't fault NFLN though - that's capitalism - and while there might be some marketing benefit to making it free for the weekend, I don't expect they'll get overly altruistic when they stand to make a lot of money.

Sopcast then myp2p.eu and find the game.

Bumping an old thread. People say the final regular season game will also be broadcast on WCVB. Where did you guys see that?

I'm just thinking, the reason why the NFL has been putting games on NFL Network is because they hope to have some good games on there and that those good games give them a little bit of leverage over the cable companies. Why would they allow the game to be shown on Channel 5?

Channel 5 eh? Cool.
I'm in NW Mass, and I also get Fox and CBS stations out of Albany. I'm guessing they may have it as well?

Well here in WMass in Montague I get all 3 Boston locals along with the 3 Springfield locals...so I get the game...heheheh.

Bumping an old thread. People say the final regular season game will also be broadcast on WCVB. Where did you guys see that?

I'm just thinking, the reason why the NFL has been putting games on NFL Network is because they hope to have some good games on there and that those good games give them a little bit of leverage over the cable companies. Why would they allow the game to be shown on Channel 5?

Because the precedent has been set with other cable games (ESPN). And if noone without DirecTV could see a team's home game there would be such a great outcry that the government might even regulate them, it would be a PR fiasco. Other teams' fans want to see the Pats but can survive without them, whereas it's much more important to local Pats fans.

Channel 5 eh? Cool.
I'm in NW Mass, and I also get Fox and CBS stations out of Albany. I'm guessing they may have it as well?

In a word... no. Albany is not the local market for the Jets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes