PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

10 (2006) Draft picks: A statement on Belichick's future?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree.......

VJCPatriot said:
I don't think the draft is a reaction to lack of FA pickups except for Chad Jackson maybe. If anything you'd have thought because he didn't pick up any big name LBs in FA he would have gone for someone in the draft. Clearly that's not the case. I think BB stucky by his guns and drafted for value wherever he could.

Maroney was not an immediate need, but he was the best value. Where we got Chad Jackson was a great value and also happened to fit a current need.

2 more tight ends... Well take that as you want it. LOL.

The K, we already picked up a vet in Grammatica but BB felt competition was necessary for that position.

"Maroney was not an immediate need, but he was the best value"

Maroney (see TOP RANKED RB left on the board) was an absolute HIGH priority this year.......We all saw what happened when Dillon was injured last year......the duo of Pass and Faulk couldn't do anything as every down options.....Dillon is a wild card again this year as NO ONE knows how much tread he has left on the tires.......alot of his problems were related to weak O line blocking, but supposedly he was playing hurt the whole 1/2-3rd of the season...........RB was a high priority and well addressed......if we were sitting a little higher.....and perhaps his requests wouldn't have equalled our entire team salary.....Bush would have been drafted........one man's opinion

wow........

nickw308810 said:
This is the most bizarre post I have ever read. I don't even know what to think about it.

can you be more precise? I have this condition where I can't read "horsesh$$".......so the page came up blank to me.....what did it say?

stcjones said:
can you be more precise? I have this condition where I can't read "horsesh$$".......so the page came up blank to me.....what did it say?
Stand outside on a cold night.Then talk as usual you will see the horsesh$$ appear as a thin white smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents