PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Your Ideas To Improve Hockey

mosslost

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
I used to love to listen to "The Sports Huddle" with Eddie Andleman when I was young. Though a big Boston sports guy Eddie for whatever reason really did not like hockey too much.

One of my favorite segments was when he would have callers call in with their suggestions to make it better.

The best one I can remember is someone called and suggested that the ice be painted entirely black so it was very hard to see the puck.

Bring back the 3 fight's & your out of the game rule.

Thread doesn't belong in this forum. We have a forum called Boston Bruins Fan Talk. Try it there.
Another good idea was a callers suggested that the puck be cemented to center ice, but the hockey nets be loosened so that the players could skate the nets around the rink. And it would be a blood bath both teams trying to get their nets to cemented puck at center ice and the other team trying to stop them.

Change the puck to an oval shaped leather ball. Increase the size of the ring by 5 times and put in grass. Allow each team to field more than 5 players at a time. I'm thinking 11. Get rid of skates and sticks. Add another period and call them quarters. No goalies.

Another good idea was a callers suggested that the puck be cemented to center ice, but the hockey nets be loosened so that the players could skate the nets around the rink. And it would be a blood bath both teams trying to get their nets to cemented puck at center ice and the other team trying to stop them.
Here's a way to improve hockey: change its name to ice boxing and ban all of the obnoxious stuck-up French Canadians.

Change the puck to an oval shaped leather ball. Increase the size of the ring by 5 times and put in grass. Allow each team to field more than 5 players at a time. I'm thinking 11. Get rid of skates and sticks. Add another period and call them quarters. No goalies.
I was thinking maybe have 2 or 3 pucks at once.

Allow body checking again. The 2016 NHL resembles girls lacrosse

Drink more Kraken.

60 minutes with no period breaks like soccer? (And two live pucks)

Exploding pucks and flaming nets Everytime the puck crosses the goal line, it explodes, and the net goes up in flames. Teams get a time out to replace the netting, and the goalie's shorts.

#1 Give goalies smaller pads. You don't want 12-11 games but those 1-0 or 2-1 games are too common. To me an ideal hockey game should have 7-8 scores nearly every night.
#2 Let fighting back in.

That would go a long way. Bring in some more toughness and scoring.

It's fine, I think soccer would be a lot better on a field the size of an NHL ice rink though.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back