Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

How far back did this game set football?

• 0–5 years

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5–19 years

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • 20+ years

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
At least the special on Singletary after the game was really good

I think he's still a good corner whose losing a step. The guarantee money was ridiculous

No doubt. I definitely wasn't saying he is not a good CB. But for that kind of money he better be tihgtly close to a blanket coverage island. Yet from what I have seen, again to be fair it is only a 2 game sample, he isn't a blanket coverage island. What I have seen is a CB who is good enough for passes to be thrown away from his coverage often - - - but is still getting a fair amount thrown at him and with some success.

IMHO no friggin way does that kind of contribution justify a deal that is nearly 17 million per year cap hit for the first 3 years and is un-cuttable for a minimum of 4 years. A 30 years old player on D who commands that kind of cap hit to age 34 better be one major dominant force. I just have not seen that major defensive force this year (again in the small sample I have seen). Put another way, if BB gave a D player that much guaranteed to hit the cap for that many years, I would expect to see approaching LT like game changing dominance from that player for most of that span.

I don't know why you guys hate Rex, I think he's hilarious. Don't want him as coach but he's funny to watch from afar.

Over confident Bills team is probably easier to beat. Glad they won.

He's lost a step but watkins didn't do much. He had a big first down on a short play

Watkins was open a lot the whole game. Qbs are not throwing to him because of reputation moreso than shutdown ability. He was beat a lot when with us too. I understand Dbs get beat but he is the highest paid and should at least stop a crucial conversion. We would roast our guys if they did allowed that.

It's odd seeing the contrasts in Mevis. He was all smiles after the biggest loss of this season and more reserved after winning the SB with the Pats last year. I'm glad he's gone.

Seems a lot of people still can't get over their failed bromance with Revis. Face it, it was good times when he was here, but now he's not. The Jests are stuck with his lost step and millstone-around-the-neck contract, because that's what the Jests do, and that's what BB does not do.

Wrecks versus the Rats Game Thread...

...hopefully both sides will provide us with 3 days of butt-fumble-worthy fodder.

"Ask, and ye shall receive."
Bible_emoticon.gif
And I am quite thankful. LOL
mrgreen.gif

Watkins was open a lot the whole game. Qbs are not throwing to him because of reputation moreso than shutdown ability. He was beat a lot when with us too. I understand Dbs get beat but he is the highest paid and should at least stop a crucial conversion. We would roast our guys if they did allowed that.

Yes, not trying to be like "talking bad things about the ex" but he was not that impressive in the first games here, than he really had a top CB playing from middle until the end of regular season, and in the playoffs, again, not impressive. I was thinking just about that these days, that he is still a top CB more due to reputation than playing per see, I'm not saying he is not one of the best CB's in the game anymore but if QB's started to throw in his direction more often we may see him getting exposed. Anyway, if a CB has this power to make offensive coordinators and QB's game plan specifics against him or flat out avoid, this is still a thing, but I'm happy BB didn't resign him for that absurd amount of money.

I'd like to point out that Bowles shoud be responsible for that loss too with an awful playcalling in the end of the game, in that circumstance you kick the FG and there still timeouts and time left on the clock for the winning FG.

I see that most of these new coaches like to go for it in 4 downs, I see that on Pagano too, creating that impression "ohh he has the balls" , "he's gonna go for it, how brave".

Audacity means nothing with stupidity. One thing is to be bold, the other is to be stupid, yesterday Bowles was stupid. And this is independent of the conversion because it's more or less a lottery, then sometimes they get the conversion and the morons on the press start the ball-washing like giving merit to something when they got lucky and didn't take the best decision at the time. The game is still won by a difference on points, the team with more points win, you don't need to get them all at once, 3 points here and there are still a good scoring.

Last edited:
Christmas came early as Metlife hosted a game between Santa's Little Helpers (NJ versus NY). No-one seemed to realize that color blind people would find the spectacle intolerable, though the term "spectacle" is used loosely here.

I was trying to watch the game objectively, but realized how comfortable I was at half time with the score, since it kept the pack 2.5 games behind us in the division.

There was some good defensive football on both sides, the Buffalo secondary topped the Jets, while the green beans had the advantage on the defensive line. In particular you have to admire Wilkerson, who is definitely worth his pro-bowl slot. Much as I like him though, I still prefer our 'backers who work so well as a unit. From a cursory view Mo' seems to operate more in the Clay Mathews solo-avenger style. Richardson, despite one highlight (I missed the first 20 minutes), seems to have regressed somewhat. The Bills, without Mario Williams, had next to no pass rush, which stresses how well their secondary performed.

Offense on both sides was lackluster, though Shady had a decent game and was almost as elusive as Lewis (sigh). Tyrod was under pressure all game, and if it wasn't for the turnovers the Bills would have not prevailed to win. Not sure what was up with the Jets receivers, especially Marshall, who may have been nursing an injury. But hands, feet and eyes were too often misplaced. Decker had a big game, but also had a critical drop, and probably cost the lead running into the TE before he got into the end-zone. Fitzpatrick flashed more than he flushed, but given the lack of pressure, Ivory almost back to full speed, and a creditable posse of receiving targets he should have done more. Sad to see Ridley do next to nothing (even in a Jets uniform).

The worst aspect of the game however was the play calling, especially in the 4th quarter, with neither side putting themselves in position to win. Repeating failed calls is not a recipe for success. Rex was in spend mode on both challenges and timeouts, profligate might be a better word. As Deus said it was TNF and the game was played to that standard.

One final thought - Carey, the referee, at least showed consistency in not calling holding all through the game (SB XLII -sob), indeed so few penalties were called it made mockery of the Bills' standing as the most penalized team in the league.

Revis no longer has the best quickness or his former top end speed so he can be had. But he still has his smarts and instinct so QBs still have to be careful in how they attack him.

Revis no longer has the best quickness or his former top end speed so he can be had. But he still has his smarts and instinct so QBs still have to be careful in how they attack him.

I did not mean to talk bad about him. I'll gladly have him back on a reasonable contrast. He is still good. Real good actually, but not $20 million good. I think he alone cost as much as our whole secondary so think about that when evaluating our Dbs.

Christmas came early as Metlife hosted a game between Santa's Little Helpers (NJ versus NY). No-one seemed to realize that color blind people would find the spectacle intolerable, though the term "spectacle" is used loosely here.
It wasn't just the colorblind who found this game intolerable! :D
The worst aspect of the game however was the play calling, especially in the 4th quarter, with neither side putting themselves in position to win. Repeating failed calls is not a recipe for success. Rex was in spend mode on both challenges and timeouts, profligate might be a better word.
I agree 100%: coaching in general and play calling in specific sucked in this game.

I did not mean to talk bad about him.
Didn't mean to imply you had. I was just adding that Revis' physical skills are eroding but that he still has his caginess so that QBs looking to exploit his slowdown need to be careful not to get suckered.

IMHO no friggin way does that kind of contribution justify a deal that is nearly 17 million per year cap hit for the first 3 years and is un-cuttable for a minimum of 4 years. A 30 years old player on D who commands that kind of cap hit to age 34 better be one major dominant force.

I don't think that the jests should worry too much about Revis' contract. Revis has shown himself to be a very unselfish player who is more than willing to leave a few bucks on the table if it will help his team :D

I'd like to point out that Bowles shoud be responsible for that loss too with an awful playcalling in the end of the game, in that circumstance you kick the FG and there still timeouts and time left on the clock for the winning FG.

I see that most of these new coaches like to go for it in 4 downs, I see that on Pagano too, creating that impression "ohh he has the balls" , "he's gonna go for it, how brave".

Audacity means nothing with stupidity. One thing is to be bold, the other is to be stupid, yesterday Bowles was stupid. And this is independent of the conversion because it's more or less a lottery, than sometimes they get the conversion and the morons on the press start the ball-washing like giving merit to something when they got lucky and didn't take the best decision at the time. The game is still won by a difference on points, the team with more points win, you don't need to get them all at once, 3 points here and there are still a good scoring.

According to this site, Buffalo's odds of winning with a 2 point lead and the ball on the 20 with three minutes remaining are 80%. Their odds of winning with a 5 point lead and the ball on the 7 is 78%.

Had the Jets scored (and missed the two point coversion to make the comparison as conservative as possible) the one point deficit on their 20 with three minutes remaining drops Buffalo's odds to 46%.

Not only does NY's odds of winning increase if they score, they do in the event of a failure as well! This was a layup call, particularly with how well their defense had been playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back