PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WR depth

Status
Not open for further replies.

patriot1136

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
With LaFell probably coming back in a couple weeks, do you guys think Dobson will be activated between now and then as a final opportunity to make his case to stay on the roster? It's amazing how he had that solid game against Buffalo, then nothing against Jacksonville, and has been inactive since. Is there any chance he gets traded instead of being cut? I guess he could potentially go to the practice squad. I wouldn't mind having Chris Harper on the roster too while LaFell gets up to speed.

JE11
LaFell
DA
Martin

Dobson is as good as gone and a a few good practices or a good game will not save him. He is not a core ST'er so that kills him. I do think he has trade value

I liked Harper.

The Patriots gave up basically nothing for Keshawn Martin, who they obviously feel is better than Dobson. I can't imagine Dobson pulling in more than a 7th in a trade

I wouldn't say Dobson is "as good as gone" yet, but he's dangling by a thread. If I had to guess, he'll make it through at least one week of LaFell being active just to ensure no complications arise and then get cut shortly thereafter. With Martin and Harper, NE has enough of a youth pipeline to not have to keep Dobson around simply because he's young.

The Patriots gave up basically nothing for Keshawn Martin, who they obviously feel is better than Dobson. I can't imagine Dobson pulling in more than a 7th in a trade
He made a nice adjustment on the long ball by Brady.

Once again, the GoAT proves that can't throw deep. :p

JE11
LaFell
DA
Martin

Dobson is as good as gone and a a few good practices or a good game will not save him. He is not a core ST'er so that kills him. I do think he has trade value

I liked Harper.
Martin supposedly came down with a hamstring today at practice.

He made a nice adjustment on the long ball by Brady.

Once again, the GoAT proves that can't throw deep. :p

Brady has an excellent deep ball when given a genuine deep threat

Brady has an excellent deep ball when given a genuine deep threat
Sure but it's not a strength and it's not really a focus of this offense.

Lafell should help with the deep ball. Or at least stretch the field.

I hope he is good to go sunday

I wish Harper was on the roster

I think BB sees him practice every day so I don't think he'll activate him to see what he has. My guess is if he doesn't beat out Martin or Lafell or Amendola on the practice field we won't see him in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes