PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WR Benn's of Illinios

Ochmed Jones

Pro Bowl Player
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
He is really having a difficult year, but I think a lot of it has to do with poor QB/OL play by Illinios.

He appears to be getting good separation against single coverage, but is struggling with double coverage and rolled coverage. His hands looked better last season, but with so many passes thrown behind him this year, it is hard to tell exactly what kind of hands he has.

Depending on his character and how he runs, this guy will probably fall into the first third of the second round where we might have two shots at him.

Does he project highly enough to warrant BB taking a flier on him, especially with the ghosts of Bethel and Chad hounding BB?

After the Chad Jackson pick, I think BB would look for more of a "sure thing" at WR... Someone with proven hands who has produced at the college level.

If im not mistaken, Chad Jacksons production was never that good in college which is why he slipped to the 2nd round despite having a great combine

He is really having a difficult year, but I think a lot of it has to do with poor QB/OL play by Illinios.

He appears to be getting good separation against single coverage, but is struggling with double coverage and rolled coverage. His hands looked better last season, but with so many passes thrown behind him this year, it is hard to tell exactly what kind of hands he has.

Depending on his character and how he runs, this guy will probably fall into the first third of the second round where we might have two shots at him.

Does he project highly enough to warrant BB taking a flier on him, especially with the ghosts of Bethel and Chad hounding BB?

No.

I don't want a WR in the 1st 2 rounds. And if I did, I'd consider Demaryius Williams and Golden Tate before Benn.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back