PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wr 2011?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's crazy (and no way they use this many picks this year) but they could pick OLB, DL, RB, OL, OLB, still be able to pick a WR in the first three rounds....

Tate, Welker, Edelman, Price at WR

and I still think Hernendez will put up over 1,000 yards (if not this year, then next year)

Is WR really that much of a need if Tate develops into a solid WR?

With the amount of picks we have this year (like every year), Id expect WR to come early. AJ Green is the only elite receiver thats coming out this year...Tate has a total of 11 receptions in his career. I wouldn't put too much stock into him becoming a legitimate number one just yet. I say we grab a receiver early then address DE and then RB. Pass Rusher is another option.

are Julio Jones, Michael Floyd, Jonathan Baldwin, and Terrence Tolliver not coming out?

With the amount of picks we have this year (like every year), Id expect WR to come early. AJ Green is the only elite receiver thats coming out this year...Tate has a total of 11 receptions in his career. I wouldn't put too much stock into him becoming a legitimate number one just yet. I say we grab a receiver early then address DE and then RB. Pass Rusher is another option.

But we don't know if he is coming out this year. People only assume that he will declare because of the lack of talent in the senior class. AJ Green, Julio Jones, Jon Baldwin, & Michael Floyd are all juniors.

I seriously doubt that they go WR that early. There are so many people talking about how poor the defense is playing, then claim they need a WR in the top 10 next spring. It just doesn't make any sense.

I think of it like the 'law of diminishing returns'. A stud WR or RB is only going to make this offense a small percentage better, but a stud DL is going to make the entire defense a LOT better. You have to use the early picks where it will improve the team the most.

are Julio Jones, Michael Floyd, Jonathan Baldwin, and Terrence Tolliver not coming out?

Tolliver is the only SR in that group, and he is not elite. I would take Hankerson over Tolliver. JMO

But we don't know if he is coming out this year. People only assume that he will declare because of the lack of talent in the senior class. AJ Green, Julio Jones, Jon Baldwin, & Michael Floyd are all juniors.

I seriously doubt that they go WR that early. There are so many people talking about how poor the defense is playing, then claim they need a WR in the top 10 next spring. It just doesn't make any sense.

I think of it like the 'law of diminishing returns'. A stud WR or RB is only going to make this offense a small percentage better, but a stud DL is going to make the entire defense a LOT better. You have to use the early picks where it will improve the team the most.

I will be shocked if AJ and Julio don't come out, matter of fact the only receiver in that group that I see staying is Floyd. The Defensive line can use an upgrade but the depth is their and its showing at this point as we're playing without out best DE and we really haven't seen a significant drop-off in the dline play. If 1 of our receivers go's down its safe to say we're ****ed. Can you imagine this offense if Tate goes down? Who in the world is going to open up the field for Welker and that goes without saying that Tate hasn't proven to be a deep threat yet. We are scary thin at WR and IMO the biggest upgrade we can make at this point is adding a legit #1 receiving prospect. I still wan't Marcell Darius or another disruptive force at DE but WR is the number 1 priority at this point for me. Patrick Peterson is still an option because I believe he is a shutdown corner and anytime you can add a shutdown corner you should try to jump on it if the timings right. People were *****ing about the secondary play not DE play. Pass rusher is also an issue.

I will be shocked if AJ and Julio don't come out, matter of fact the only receiver in that group that I see staying is Floyd. The Defensive line can use an upgrade but the depth is their and its showing at this point as we're playing without out best DE and we really haven't seen a significant drop-off in the dline play. If 1 of our receivers go's down its safe to say we're ****ed. Can you imagine this offense if Tate goes down? Who in the world is going to open up the field for Welker and that goes without saying that Tate hasn't proven to be a deep threat yet. We are scary thin at WR and IMO the biggest upgrade we can make at this point is adding a legit #1 receiving prospect. I still wan't Marcell Darius or another disruptive force at DE but WR is the number 1 priority at this point for me. Patrick Peterson is still an option because I believe he is a shutdown corner and anytime you can add a shutdown corner you should try to jump on it if the timings right. People were *****ing about the secondary play not DE play. Pass rusher is also an issue.
I would argue the D-line play drop-off without Warren has been significant but serviceable. The kids seem to be improving, G.Warren is showing flashes of understanding two-gap, Mike Wright is solid at the LOS and explosive collapsing the pocket. I wouldn't mind a stud DL, but if NE doesn't look at any of the DL kids in this draft, the current talent pool is looking competitive.

Last edited:
Jonathan Baldwin, Julio Jones and Armon Binns

Do you think that the other prospects are on the level of AJ Green...please tell me you don't

Do you think that Julio Jones, Jon Baldwin, and Michael Floyd are not elite prospects?

Do you think that Julio Jones, Jon Baldwin, and Michael Floyd are not elite prospects?

I think Julio Jones is going to be a huge bust

Michael Floyd is a stud.I like him better then Julio Jones.I like Devier Posey as well from OSU.

Saban said Monday that Jones was injured in the first half of Alabama's 35-21 loss at South Carolina and had surgery Sunday to have a plate and screw inserted.

"Nobody really knew it was broken," Saban said. "He did it in the first half and played the entire game with it. The prognosis for it is as soon as he can tolerate using his hand -- which will be the palm of his hand -- he's cleared to play. That may be three or four days, it may be a week, I don't know. On Wednesday, we'll probably assess where he is and kind of go from there.

"He obviously played the whole game with it. It may or may not be an issue, but we can't really tell right now."

Saban: Wide receiver Jones broke hand vs. S. Carolina - NCAA Football - CBSSports.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes