PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wow...Boston has the worst fans ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Wow..... Boston has the worst fans ever.

I have booed Jim Plunkett....I have booed Steve Grogan.....I have booed Tony Eason.....for a while, it was too bad to boo at guys like marc wilson, hugh millen, and tommy hodson.......bledsoe got his share of boos and now brady....

Tanked, I'm with you. Although I hate hearing the home crowd boo the team, booing your team when they aren't even trying to win is not being dis-loyal, it's being honest. My biggest concern is not the players' abilities, but the seeming lack of intensity.(Your Eason comment is dead on) They took the field flat-footed, like they have in many of the big games since the SB loss, and played like it didn't matter if they won. If a team goes down by 24 points in the 1st qtr, due to lack of execution and intensity, they deserve the boos. However,(For all of you Pats-fan-haters out there) when the team began producing, the crowd came alive with cheers, even though we were still way down. That's not a sign of bad fans, just bad performance. If they (The team in total) are adults, they can take the boos along with the cheers and championships...AND they make too much money for me to care too terribly about their feelings.

I am still a fan, as I have seen much worse seasons, but this brought back the feelings of the '85SB debacle. We are not in the same place as we were back then, so I am not predicting years of disappointment, but just like back then, I feel embarassed for the players. My hope is this is their day of reckoning where they can decide if they really like playing in the NFL and then do something, each and every one, to fix the problems and start playing pro ball again. It's not like fans were throwing batteries at the players, they were yelling their disappointment. 'Nuf Said.

Hard to argue with the boos yesterday (and normally, as both a Pats fan and a Man United fan, the idea of booing a team and personnel who have brought so much success and entertainment appalls me). Not what I'd have done, but people paid a lot of money for tickets and the team's start to the game wasn't acceptable by any standard, so the frustration of the fans in attendance was entirely understandable. Less keen on what looked like an early mass exodus when there was still a chance of us turning the game around. Maybe it's completely idealistic of me but the team's been through a lot this year and, after the shocking start, at least they didn't quit, so it would have been nice to have the majority see them through to the end.

Can't really comment on Boston/New England sports fans in general obviously. Does surprise me there was such a struggle to sell tickets though.

there's a separate issue of how the owner designed gillette with the club seats, and then followed it up by turning it into one big family zone.

20K that showed up in the early 90's made twice as much noise

Tanked, I'm with you. Although I hate hearing the home crowd boo the team, booing your team when they aren't even trying to win is not being dis-loyal, it's being honest. My biggest concern is not the players' abilities, but the seeming lack of intensity.(Your Eason comment is dead on) They took the field flat-footed, like they have in many of the big games since the SB loss, and played like it didn't matter if they won. If a team goes down by 24 points in the 1st qtr, due to lack of execution and intensity, they deserve the boos. However,(For all of you Pats-fan-haters out there) when the team began producing, the crowd came alive with cheers, even though we were still way down. That's not a sign of bad fans, just bad performance. If they (The team in total) are adults, they can take the boos along with the cheers and championships...AND they make too much money for me to care too terribly about their feelings.

I am still a fan, as I have seen much worse seasons, but this brought back the feelings of the '85SB debacle. We are not in the same place as we were back then, so I am not predicting years of disappointment, but just like back then, I feel embarassed for the players. My hope is this is their day of reckoning where they can decide if they really like playing in the NFL and then do something, each and every one, to fix the problems and start playing pro ball again. It's not like fans were throwing batteries at the players, they were yelling their disappointment. 'Nuf Said.

I'll always be a fan ... the pats are number one......but the current team is softer than any team I can ever recall........there are quite a few teams in the past who have gone further with less 'talent' than this team has.

Ok give me a playoff game were they played worse...1978?

How about a more recent loss, like 2005 div PO against Denver? I'd say that game was pretty bad :eek:

I'll always be a fan ... the pats are number one......but the current team is softer than any team I can ever recall........there are quite a few teams in the past who have gone further with less 'talent' than this team has.

Didn't mean to question your fan credentials, I read you were a long-term fan too. Just have to add the fan thing to any post that in anyway criticizes the team to avoid the "bandwagon" label. Some of the posters here are a leeeeeeeetle hyper-sensitive.

Agreed. This is not a talent issue, it's a performance issue. BB has done better with less.

How about a more recent loss, like 2005 div PO against Denver? I'd say that game was pretty bad :eek:

at least the denver game turned on basically one play.......the INT and then the bad call on the watson tackle (pats shoulda gotten the ball back)......the pats were at least in that game......they were never in yesterdays game.

the only thing that can shake the stigma of yesterdays game now is that the pats load up on physical players and pound their way out of how they are percieved now

I am making a careful distinction between how people reacted to yesterday's game; as Brady said, they should have been booed for, as Wilfork said, not coming to play and putting up an effort that, in his words, did not rise to the level of JV. That was a poor display of professionalism.

However, jumping from a judgment about the Ravens game to a blanket trashing of the team, coaches and organization is out of line.

But, in a sense you are right. Boston fans are extremely hard on their teams and not always reasonably so. So, I guess you have to factor that into the equation, like it or not.

Last edited:
I am making a careful distinction between how people reacted to yesterday's game (as Brady said, they should have been booed) for, as Wilfork said, not coming to play. That was a poor display of effort and professionalism.

However, jumping from a judgment about the Ravens game to a blanket trashing of the team, coaches and organization is out of line.

But, in a sense you are right. Boston fans are extremely hard on their teams and not always reasonably so. So, I guess you have to factor that into the equation, like it or not.

well....the team has gone away from the philosophy of what won them 3 SB's

they used to keep the guys that still had value (seymour, samuel)

the pats are still in a good place, but it does make you wonder more if the front office can get back to making good personnell decisions with the resources they have

Andy Johnson put this issue on the board after the Miami loss last year, and I was on the fence about booing - wouldn't do it myself but I can see why fans paying for a ticket might be inclined to do so. I now fall on the side of fans that boo a home team are not fans at all. If you are so displeased, leave the game. If you do not enjoy the experience, don't buy tickets. Other people would buy the tickets if you don't, and would likely appreciate the experience more. Live games do not have set outcomes, so don't pay for a ticket expecting a great game and voice your displeasure for the failed experience when that happens.

And to say you booed past teams does not make it right. The Schaefer Stadium experience with the Pats - reflecting sustained inferiority as teams - was a drunk-fest where fans would get liquored up, travel to the stadium in that condition, and boo because the team played like the Cleveland Indians and booing was the only entertainment value for the ticket price. Not all fans obviously (some actually went for the team in the hope it would get better), but enough to reflect a stark difference between the current fans (who lose season tickets if they get drunk and stupid) and today. Now I guess the booing is based on some ridiculous expectation that you paid for a win, or at least a close game, and anything less is unacceptable. Send a message to the players, as if those players don't know turnovers and 3 and outs and the like are bad. Thank you, Captain Obvious.

I actually liked the Boston fans pre-title 2004 for the Sox and 2001 for the Pats. The 2001 Super Bowl had the best crowd ever. No expectation of titles and genuinely pleased when it happened. Now the fan base, reflected here and in the stadium, sounds more like spoiled children not getting their way rather than fans following what has been a model franchise over the past decade. It was a playoff loss, and a bad one, but last I checked 20 of 32 teams did not make it that far so cry me a river about how much you pay for a ticket to the game. And this is not the norm for this team. Maybe the team is in some downward spiral, or maybe this is 2005 and you can expect much stronger showings. I invite anyone harboring the sustained negativity on this team reflected in patterns of posts here - showing up after losses to pile on why the team sucks and disappearing after wins - to open up the dictionary and look at the definition of "fan" and come to grips with the fact you are not one. Be unhappy after a loss, critical of the team in your views on ways to improve, and feel free to disagree with decisions made, but if that is all you ever post and the theme of your posts for a 10-6 team is resoundingly negative, why follow this team if it makes you so damn unhappy? If that is the case, feel free to find that special team that makes you happy all the time and stop darkening the door here.

Once the Red Sox won the WS in 2004.. Boston team fans have gone from great fans to babies if their team does not win a championship.

Once the Red Sox won the WS in 2004.. Boston team fans have gone from great fans to babies if their team does not win a championship.

Now i see why you only posted 217 times in 3 years. Terrible comments sorry....

I don't post much and mostly read but I'm ashamed at some of posts I'm reading. We had a great decade but how about remembering when we never made the playoffs.......

We will rebuild and Brady will be ready next year. His heart and soul is in this team. ie. cutting his pay to pay for players.

Yesterday's game was horrible and painful to watch but at least we made the playoffs. Not many teams can say that.

You are a terrible fan, you can leave now.

I don't post much and mostly read but I'm ashamed at some of posts I'm reading. We had a great decade but how about remembering when we never made the playoffs.......

We will rebuild and Brady will be ready next year. His heart and soul is in this team. ie. cutting his pay to pay for players.

Yesterday's game was horrible and painful to watch but at least we made the playoffs. Not many teams can say that.

When was the pats standard to make the playoffs. It is a disappointment the way they played yesterday. I am not mad they loss i am mad the way they played. Big difference we lose and go 100% then thats fine. You think Faulk aint pissed?

When was the pats standard to make the playoffs. It is a disappointment the way they played yesterday. I am not mad they loss i am mad the way they played. Big difference we lose and go 100% then thats fine. You think Faulk aint pissed?

I'm very disappointed we lost and they didn't come and try their hardest but I'm not going to trash talk the people of the team that gave us 3 SB wins. It's heartbreaking and understandable why everyone is so upset. As BB would say move on to the next game and lets hope for a better season next year. :)

Boston is known as having the worst fans in nation. I understand that there are other cities that compete for this designation, and sometimes Boston doesn't come in as the very worst, but Boston fans are always close to the worst in any discussion.

It is good that we are the New England Patriots, with local fans from throughout New England, and fans all over the world. I have no question that the Boston Patriots would have many fewer fans. There are alot of folks who do not want be consider Boston fans under any circumstances.

You think Faulk aint pissed?

It's fairly unlikely Kevin Faulk was on the sideline booing the defense, or made comments after the game that Brady was dead weight or that Belichick had lost control of the team. At least I haven't seen these things reported.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes