PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

World Series Predictions contest

frankiesfly

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Here is where you can make your World Series predictions. How many games will the series go, and scores of each game. The people who have the amount of games wrong will be eliminated. If you pick the series to go 6 games and it goes 7 your eliminated. I then will take the people who have the amount of games right and decide the winner by the runs you have predicted for each game. For example if you have the Sox 5, and the Rockies 4, and the final score is Sox 7, and the Rockies 3, your score would be a 3 for that game. You were 2 runs off of the Sox total, and 1 run off the Rockies total. The person with lowest total with all games added together will win. So lets see who will be crowned the World Series prediction champ. It will be fun.
I'm a neutral fan. I'm not a Sox fan or a Rockies fan. I did predict the Rockies to go to the World Series not long after the All-star break so I'm going to stick with my pick.

Game 1. Sox 5 Rockies 4

Games 2. Rockies 7 Sox 4

Games 3. Rockies 10 Sox 4

Game 4. Rockies 4 Sox 1

Game 5 Rockies 5 Sox 3

Game 1: Sox 5, Rockies 2

Game 2: Sox 7, Rockies 4

Game 3: Rockies 9, Sox 3

Game 4: Sox 11, Rockies 10

Game 5: Sox 8, Rockies 4

Game 1: Sox 7 Rockies 2
Game 2: Sox 5 Rockies 3
Game 3: Rockies 6 Sox 5
Game 4: Sox 8 Rockies 0
Game 5: Rockies 5 Sox 2
Game 6: Sox 10 Rockies 3

sox win the series in 6 games

It's very tough to predict because you can't even look at the hitting/pitching stats to gauge it based on the thin air in Colorado.

I think the Red Sox are very flawed with only one reliable SP and I don't discount the Rockies winning 20 of 21 even in the NL. However I am picking the Red Sox based on the vast difference in World Series experience on the two teams.

Last edited:
Colorado was going to have a tough enough time against any AL team, but now that they've had 8 days off, you can forget about them altogether. Their timing is going to be terribly off. Add in the Fenway Park factor, and it means 2-0 going back to Coors. The Rockies might win a game at Coors, so I'll be generous and say Redsox in 5 games.

I'll take the Sox in 6. Colorado wins games 3 & 4 at home.

Boston must win game 1. They have Beckett pitching and Colorado will have not played a game in over a week. Winning game 1 will also break the notion that Colorado can't lose. If Colorado takes game 1 Boston will have a very hard time winning the series.

Home field is big in this series. Boston has to sit one of their good bats in Colorado and Manny has to play in a spacious outfield. Colorado doesn't have anyone good to put at DH while in Boston, and Fenway can be tricky for those not familiar with the park.

Hopefully Beckett can win game 5 in Colorado. Then Boston just needs to win 3 at home.

Colorado was going to have a tough enough time against any AL team
I don't buy the AL/NL thing this year - the Red Sox need one more reliable pitcher (really two unless Schilling continues his big game thing) to be an elite playoff team.

and it means 2-0 going back to Coors.
No guarantees of that with Schilling. He's a ballsy, gritty dude for sure but his stuff is short now for locking him in as a win. Although if the Rockies still go with Josh Fogg as their #2 SP then I so like Schilling better. Josh Fogg - are you kidding ?

Every winning streak is followed by a losing streak. Sox in 4.......

To much time off for the Rockies.

Why don't you guys post some scores. It would make it more interesting. It won't take any longer. Thanks

I predict Sox in 5 just because I don't think Colorado will win at Fenway

Sox 4, Rockies 2
Sox 5, Rockies 3
Rockies 3, Sox 2
Sox 7, Rockies 4
Sox 10, Rockies 2

Sox in 5.

I'll get back for scores later; but we'll outscore them by a wide margin.

For the sake of a strategy to win this contest:

Sox 6 Rockies 4 in Games 1,2,4,5
Rockies 6 Sox 4 in Game 3

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back