PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Woodley: Pats, Bengals will lay down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe losing five games in a row had something to do with the Steelers not making the playoffs too, Einstein!!! :eek:

Maybe losing five games in a row had something to do with the Steelers not making the playoffs too, Einstein!!! :eek:

They haven't not made the playoffs yet...

Maybe they should have won against KC, Oakland and Cleveland....then they would already be in the playoffs

Yup. We'd be guaranteed a maximum two incompletion outing by Brady :D

No, nothing guaranteed.

For all you know Brady could come out and have his worst day ever and throw 5 incompletions

doom

the 8-way tie PFT proposed would be iiiiiiii-deal.

No, nothing guaranteed.

For all you know Brady could come out and have his worst day ever and throw 5 incompletions

doom

:singing:

Maybe 5 incompletions.... and an.... :eek: Almost interception. :D

:singing:

Maybe 5 incompletions.... and an.... :eek: Almost interception. :D

Yep

Anything less than 28 points, 250 yards and an 80% completion percentage and I'm just going to go out and buy a Peyton Manning jersey

Because if he does worse than that ^ then it means the obvious decline of the Pats franchise and Brady as a QB and we need to start getting used to the idea of being an average team

Yep

Anything less than 28 points, 250 yards and an 80% completion percentage and I'm just going to go out and buy a Peyton Manning jersey

Because if he does worse than that ^ then it means the obvious decline of the Pats franchise and Brady as a QB and we need to start getting used to the idea of being an average team

If only we'd kept Cassel and traded Brady... :rolleyes:

and people wonder why the name 'Squealers'

You guys are right. The Steelers have no one to blame but themselves in this situation. If they had gone in and played to even a portion of their capability and got just ONE MORE WIN against any one of the teams they should easily have handled, they wouldn't be in this mess. They'd be a lock for a spot and planning for their postseason. Period. End of story.

That being said, I have no idea why Woodley decided to speak publicly about it, but I agree (as a fan) that he should just keep his mouth shut and play football. Maybe it was some kind of reverse-psychology Yoda mind game, just frustration getting the best of him or something, but regardless, go out and take care of Miami and let the chips fall where they may.

I've been running the different scenerios as much as anyone, but that's just because as a fan, OF COURSE I want my team to make the playoffs! But I think the majority of the Steelers players, and certainly the fans, know that the only place to lay the blame if they don't get in is on the STEELERS! They blew it. They didn't overcome adversity and they looked past "easy" teams. You guys seem to have a misconception that us Steelers fans feel some kind of entitlement to a spot in the postseason, and I assure you...that's definitely NOT true.

But anyway, again...good luck to your Pats in the playoffs (win or lose this weekend, but PLEASE WIN), and we'll see how it all shakes out Sunday. Would love to see the Black & Gold make a trip to Gilette for wildcard weekend!

Woodley should keep his BIG mouth shut and stop the whining.

You guys are right. The Steelers have no one to blame but themselves in this situation. If they had gone in and played to even a portion of their capability and got just ONE MORE WIN against any one of the teams they should easily have handled, they wouldn't be in this mess. They'd be a lock for a spot and planning for their postseason. Period. End of story.

That being said, I have no idea why Woodley decided to speak publicly about it, but I agree (as a fan) that he should just keep his mouth shut and play football. Maybe it was some kind of reverse-psychology Yoda mind game, just frustration getting the best of him or something, but regardless, go out and take care of Miami and let the chips fall where they may.

I've been running the different scenerios as much as anyone, but that's just because as a fan, OF COURSE I want my team to make the playoffs! But I think the majority of the Steelers players, and certainly the fans, know that the only place to lay the blame if they don't get in is on the STEELERS! They blew it. They didn't overcome adversity and they looked past "easy" teams. You guys seem to have a misconception that us Steelers fans feel some kind of entitlement to a spot in the postseason, and I assure you...that's definitely NOT true.

But anyway, again...good luck to your Pats in the playoffs (win or lose this weekend, but PLEASE WIN), and we'll see how it all shakes out Sunday. Would love to see the Black & Gold make a trip to Gilette for wildcard weekend!

Classy post.

I think the Pats will play to win this weekend, FWIW. I personally don't care who we play in the playoffs, I just want to see us play well.

Re Woodley, I thought Tom Brady had the best line: "A Michigan guy, that surprises me. Usually we keep our mouths shut. I guess not. I'm going to give [former] Coach [Lloyd] Carr a call and straighten him out."

Bill Belichick tells Tom Brady he'll play Sun. vs. Houston Texans - ESPN Boston

Good luck. But the Steelers should worry about Miami, and not about NE-Houston or NY-Cincinnati.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST