PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wondering About O'Calaghan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

patpatriot

Banned
Reaction score
..Or whatever the spelling may be. Anyway, he was a lights out run blocker for several games and then has dissapeared after the Chicago game injury. Any info on when and if he'll be back?

..Or whatever the spelling may be. Anyway, he was a lights out run blocker for several games and then has dissapeared after the Chicago game injury. Any info on when and if he'll be back?

He had a history of concussions in college. It seemed to me that he hit his head on the play in question.

HAD a neck injury...I thinik they are being cautious...

If there is one position on this team that has almost unexhaustible depth its right tackle.

He was unconscious on the field for a long time. COmbined with his history, is not a good sign.

If there is one position on this team that has almost unexhaustible depth its right tackle.

Now why would go and try to jinx it? :bricks:

It's quite a while since I played, and I did play in the line, but, why aren't right and left tackles more interchangeable? I know the left tackle has Brady's life practically in his hands on pass plays, but why can't a guy big and strong, etc., enough to be able to play RT, also train to play on the left side? Tackles must have to pull out and block on running plays equally as much from either side, so the only difference seems to be blocking for the QBs blind side.

It's quite a while since I played, and I did play in the line, but, why aren't right and left tackles more interchangeable? I know the left tackle has Brady's life practically in his hands on pass plays, but why can't a guy big and strong, etc., enough to be able to play RT, also train to play on the left side? Tackles must have to pull out and block on running plays equally as much from either side, so the only difference seems to be blocking for the QBs blind side.
Right you are. That's why that side of the line of scrimmage usually attracts the defense's best pass rusher, along with the majority of the D-gap blitzes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand