PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

With Hasselbeck and Alexander both down...

Status
Not open for further replies.

rookBoston

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
... anyone think the Branch first rounder could be in the 'teens?

Actually, I take that back. Look at their schedule:

8 Sun, Oct 29 at Kansas City Tickets FOX 1:00 PM
9 Mon, Nov 6 Oakland Tickets ESPN 8:30 PM
10 Sun, Nov 12 St. Louis Tickets FOX 4:15 PM
11 Sun, Nov 19 at San Francisco Tickets FOX 4:05 PM
12 Mon, Nov 27 Green Bay Tickets ESPN 8:30 PM
13 Sun, Dec 3 at Denver Tickets FOX 4:15 PM
14 Sun, Dec 10 at Arizona Tickets FOX 4:05 PM
15 Thu, Dec 14 San Francisco Tickets NFL 8:00 PM
16 Sun, Dec 24 San Diego Tickets CBS 4:15 PM
17 Sun, Dec 31 at Tampa Bay Tickets FOX 1:00 PM

What a bunch of cupcakes. Arizona, SF and Oakland?

It's an easy schedule but games become a lot more loseable when you lose your starting QB especially when your defense has been mediocre. Upsets happen, look at TB beating Phily, and there's a way increased chance of it happening to Seattle the next few weeks.

Of the upcoming games :

8 Sun, Oct 29 at Kansas City Tickets FOX 1:00 PM
9 Mon, Nov 6 Oakland Tickets ESPN 8:30 PM
10 Sun, Nov 12 St. Louis Tickets FOX 4:15 PM
11 Sun, Nov 19 at San Francisco Tickets FOX 4:05 PM
12 Mon, Nov 27 Green Bay Tickets ESPN 8:30 PM
13 Sun, Dec 3 at Denver Tickets FOX 4:15 PM

I expect them to lose to KC, St. Louis and Denver. And with no Hasselbeck, I wouldn't be shocked to see them split with SF and GB. Every Seattle game is big right now, IMO they can lose any game with Seneca Walker at QB. This week, @KC, in particular, is huge as it's a game they should lose.

Last edited:
I really think Seattle was lucky to squeak by the Rams a couple of weks ago.

I still think that Seattle has a lot of depth and character on their team. I'm not counting them out quite so fast.

And even though we own their 1st round pick, I'd still like to see them beat Denver and San Diego.

The best (worst) that I could see them doing in the next 5 weeks is 2-3. Is it really possible for them to lose more than one game out of GB, OAK and SF? Those teams are crappola.

That leaves then at 6-5 by the time their QB and RB come back. Even from that point, they're still strong contenders to win the Division.

rookBoston said:
The best (worst) that I could see them doing in the next 5 weeks is 2-3. Is it really possible for them to lose more than one game out of GB, OAK and SF? Those teams are crappola.

That leaves then at 6-5 by the time their QB and RB come back. Even from that point, they're still strong contenders to win the Division.
I think they'll probably be 3-2 in that stretch for 7-4 - but then they're @ DEN which puts them at 7-5. Let's say they lose to SD and one more that's 9-7. No it's not getting us the 11th pick in the draft but it's in the early 20s and a whole lot better than the 28-32 I was expecting, and happy with, when we made the trade. Remember, even with Hasselbeck and Alexander they weren't all that good this year except for that impressive demolition of the Giants. They barely beat St. Louis and beat Detroit 9-6 :eek:

Maybe we'll land #21. We've done well with that pick.
Moroney, Wilfork and Graham were all taken at 21.

Brodie Croyle likely starting for KC this week could put a crimp in our plans - although I still like KC in that game but not as much as I would.

KC is a hard place to win at. The Chiefs have a better home record than most teams. I think they can beat Seattle this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back