PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

With all this talk of the Patriots "Chameleon" offense....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julius

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I thought this was an interesting quote about the nature of the Patriots offense from Bart Scott.

"What people don't realize is that they're not a big adjustment team," Scott said. "They're an execution team. They do what they do and don't vary from it. You recognize what they're doing, but you have to be able to stop it. If you can, there's not a lot they're going to do to change things on you. They’re going to keep trying to execute what they do."

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/sto...-hits-pressure-home-playoff-losses-bart-scott

Maybe all this means is that once the Pats staff decide on a game plan, they don't panic and deviate mid stream.

I thought this was an interesting quote about the nature of the Patriots offense from Bart Scott.

"What people don't realize is that they're not a big adjustment team," Scott said. "They're an execution team. They do what they do and don't vary from it. You recognize what they're doing, but you have to be able to stop it. If you can, there's not a lot they're going to do to change things on you. They’re going to keep trying to execute what they do."

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/sto...-hits-pressure-home-playoff-losses-bart-scott

Maybe all this means is that once the Pats staff decide on a game plan, they don't panic and deviate mid stream.

Unless it's wildly a failure, It seems they believe in their game plans for sure

What is wacky is I am watching the NFL round table with Willie and Heath and they are talking about deviating from their game plan in the super bowl...

Belichick has been saying this since day 1 here ... it's all about execution and that includes the coaches.

BB has been quoted as saying gameplan is overrated execution is important. However, hard to agree with scott here . Pats rarely keep trying the same thing during the game if it is not working. They change from running to throwing and back to running when they want. BB has even ripped entire gameplans after the 1st Q of games and drew new ones during his time with the giants.

They need a good game plan which includes a different wrinkle or two to get some first downs. then the execution gets easier, because you're making the defense adjust to what you do.

If you start out predictable, you risk the defense taking some shots and bottling you up for 3 and outs. This is when they get stuck in the mud and have to adjust and fight it out, which is not were they want to be against this team.

they've got two damn weeks to come up with an offensive game plan with some sure thing plays that move the chains. At that point, the defense will have to stop them and they can take what the defense gives them, be it run,hitting our two reliable receivers, hitting Gronk when they are forced to adjust, or Wright, for that matter.

Just don't start out with a predictable series or two and we loosen them up and force Flacco to throw prayers to our secondary.

I think the offensive machinery is quite good this year, if not deep. They can easily march down the field once they crank it up with their four receivers, though the running game would be great, or meh. Maybe, dare i say it, a little Amendola. If there's one underutilized guy that might not be on the ravens radar, but is capable of making those key first down catches, it's him.

What is wacky is I am watching the NFL round table with Willie and Heath and they are talking about deviating from their game plan in the super bowl...

I haven't heard the podcast yet, but how much of that was dealing with injuries? [IIRC, the Patriots had injuries in that game. . . .]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe