PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Winovich to IR

Lol. Look at what he's done in Detroit? The media has had search parties out for him and questioned him during his first year on where the heck he is and why he's turned into "Casper the Friendly Ghost"? In fact, Detroit D has been worse since they signed him. They are over it by now as he's a lost cause. And they laughably moved him to OLB where he's a stiff as a board in space.

During his time in NE, he's been in many positions to make plays due to the success of the team. But he's proving in Detroit he's not a headline player he was paid to be and can't be relied to make an impact on his own.

Evan Lazar also pointed out after he left in FA that he had the most unblocked pressures in the NFL in 2018, yet barely mustered 7.5 sacks. To put that in plain English, Bill schemed him up to be put in that position and not due to his god given ability beating his man. Lazar said he was close to calling him overrated but didn't want to go that far. I will.

Oh and he had the same guy at HC in Detroit who was he D coordinator in NE. So what's your excuse now?

You guys are too funny.
Really great take. Fair AND balanced.

Thanks for putting it in plain English for me. I don’t understand that fancy English too goodly.

Really great take. Fair AND balanced.

Thanks for putting it in plain English for me. I don’t understand that fancy English too goodly.
I sense some sarcasm there. My rant wasn’t exactly directed at you.

Look, Flowers was a fine player who provided some great value being taken in the 4th round. But as a guy getting paid big bucks as a headliner for your D? That’s not his game and that’s the problem I have with him. I don’t blame him for taking the money grab though.

Lol. Look at what he's done in Detroit? The media has had search parties out for him and questioned him during his first year on where the heck he is and why he's turned into "Casper the Friendly Ghost"? In fact, Detroit D has been worse since they signed him. They are over it by now as he's a lost cause. And they laughably moved him to OLB where he's a stiff as a board in space.

During his time in NE, he's been in many positions to make plays due to the success of the team. But he's proving in Detroit he's not a headline player he was paid to be and can't be relied to make an impact on his own.

Evan Lazar also pointed out after he left in FA that he had the most unblocked pressures in the NFL in 2018, yet barely mustered 7.5 sacks. To put that in plain English, Bill schemed him up to be put in that position and not due to his god given ability beating his man. Lazar said he was close to calling him overrated but didn't want to go that far. I will.

Oh and he had the same guy at HC in Detroit who was he D coordinator in NE. So what's your excuse now?

You guys are too funny.
Perfect illustration of how the Pats suffered from success. Flowers was really good here - really good. Instrumental in the comeback in the Superbowl. That kind of flash on the big stage = bigger contract than value, which is why the Pats got hollowed out on that middle-class second contract players. (Also got poached by the BB tree trying to bring in the winning culture.)

Nobody here was happy to see Flowers leave. Nobody. Trying to retcon that to fit some meme is simply untrue.

You guys are too funny.

Made great plays in the biggest of games for us. But you would rather dismiss those and focus on what he's doing as a Detroit Lions. Got it.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back