PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will Jason Taylor wear number 99 or 55?

cstjohn17

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Things I wonder...

Do not care about the number, as long as there is a flying elvis on it...

I seem to remember a lot of drafts when BB was expected to draft a RB, and shocked us all by staying with Smith and Faulk and whodat. There was one year they made a monstrous trade for that Dillon guy, but there were quite a few when they didn't. Sometimes they don't see as big a need as we do -- or don't think a guy in the draft can fill it.

I have a hunch we'll be seeing Woods and TBC and some 2nd year guys at OLB. And Thomas, of course.

At least if they're slow getting to the QB, there'll be an army of DBs to cover.

He was a big bust for Washington last year, who gave up a lot for him.

But used situationally (and sparingly), we think he could still be a third down pass rush force.

He is almost certainly going to be a Patriot, a franchise he very much respects. I know we're getting ahead of ourselves, but who cares? He wants to play out his career with a winner.

Success begets success.

He's like that ace in the hand to make drives stall. Third and long? Bring in Taylor and watch the QB's feet nervously dance.

I hate watching teams converting on third and long, something that was done too much early last season.

No, he wants to play with Tom Brady. The 'Phins have a good QB, but I don't think he's great. Neither does Taylor.

If you go to the Dolphins message boards they seem to think he will be a Dolphin so he can stay close to his family.

You mean like Junior Seau? Give me a break. This is about closing out one's career in style.

Neither the Patriots nor the Dolphins drafted a DE/OLB hybrid, so both could be looking into Taylor's services. That said, both teams added depth at that position through free agency, so I'm not sold on the idea that they're going to bring in an old vet, especially when they have younger guys who need reps in the system.

I'd love to see Jason Taylor here, but only if he signs a one-year, 4 - 6 mil. deal. Probably not happening.

I don't think the Dolphins have decided yet.

Me neither. But I think Joey Porter wears #55, so I would guess #99 would be more likely.

55 for Taylor, 99 for Peppers. :D

No, he wants to play with Tom Brady. The 'Phins have a good QB, but I don't think he's great. Neither does Taylor.

Taylor does NOT care about winning. At this point he wants the path of least resistance. For him, that is to stay in Miami with his family, run on the treadmill for a few minutes a day, collect a paycheck, and plan his career as an action star or variety show host.

I don't know where all this talk about JT wanting a ring at all costs came from. Is that why he went to Washington last year?

Now that the draft is over, I hope the Taylor situation is resolved

in the near future.

Taylor does NOT care about winning. At this point he wants the path of least resistance. For him, that is to stay in Miami with his family, run on the treadmill for a few minutes a day, collect a paycheck, and plan his career as an action star or variety show host.

I don't know where all this talk about JT wanting a ring at all costs came from. Is that why he went to Washington last year?

I couldn't have said it better. Right now, Taylor has moved on mentally to life-after-football. He's much more into sunshine, Miami night life, and acting than he is dedicating himself to football. I think the fact that he refused to participate in off-season activities, precipitating his release, is very telling, and that he's using Bob Kraft's booty call to leverage the best possible deal out of Jeff Ireland. Hee-hee...couldn't even type that with a straight face. Bill Parcells, rather.

The only way Taylor comes to Foxboro is if Belichick promises him he can play tight end.

Last edited:
It certainly appears as though the pass rush need was purposely left unfilled. :rolleyes::D

It certainly appears as though the pass rush need was purposely left unfilled. :rolleyes::D

Or, Like Belichick has said 500 times, Woods is the starter.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back