PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION Wild card game discussion: Colts @ Bills

The Colts complete that pass and the "player is down" and there were 45 seconds, then he fumbled and the Bills recovered with 42 seconds. Then the ref stopped the clock with 39 seconds. Colts then ran to the line and hiked it with 29 seconds but the Bills called TO. If there was a booth review wouldn't the review start when the prior play ended vs leaving the clock at 28 seconds? If they called him down then go to the booth there should have been 45 seconds on the clock. Bottom line is that it was a fumble but they completely messed up the time as well.

plus the runner went out of bounds with 19 seconds left ...... then, the Bills called timeout before a play was run.

Where did those 5 second go ??? Those 5 seconds made a HUGE difference, because if there were 19 seconds left to play, Rivers could have easily completed a pass over the middle and still had plenty of time to spike the ball ...... so those 5 seconds literally took away the middle of the field for the Colts
I just finished a post on the same topic, but have a different take. It is very hard to see from the angle the telecast gave us, but you can see #11 fumbled. The ball went backwards and out of bounds. The side judge on the spot threw his blue beanbag and the spot of the ball reflected the yard or two lost from the fumble.

I believe in that case, the clock should not stop. IIRC, a fumble out of bounds inside 2:00 keeps the clock running.

The Indy hurry up offense was pathetically slow. The refs messed up the fumble call at the end. The guy was clearly back to his feet before the whistle. It was a fun game where I changed who I was rooting for several times.

The Colts complete that pass and the "player is down" and there were 45 seconds, then he fumbled and the Bills recovered with 42 seconds. Then the ref stopped the clock with 39 seconds. Colts then ran to the line and hiked it with 29 seconds but the Bills called TO. If there was a booth review wouldn't the review start when the prior play ended vs leaving the clock at 28 seconds? If they called him down then go to the booth there should have been 45 seconds on the clock. Bottom line is that it was a fumble but they completely messed up the time as well.
A booth review does not restore time back on the clock unless something changes such as the play is ruled an incomplete pass. If they buzz down with 28 seconds to play then the clock stops at 28 and restarts of the ref's whistle when they are set to resume.

A booth review does not restore time back on the clock unless something changes such as the play is ruled an incomplete pass. If they buzz down with 28 seconds to play then the clock stops at 28 and restarts of the ref's whistle when they are set to resume.
I guess my issue is that they claimed that they called for the booth review vs doing it because of the Bills time out. Seems like on odd coincidence that they both happened at the exact same time. If they thought it was a play in question when it happened - the clock stops immediately when they take their look.

I guess my issue is that they claimed that they called for the booth review vs doing it because of the Bills time out. Seems like on odd coincidence that they both happened at the exact same time. If they thought it was a play in question when it happened - the clock stops immediately when they take their look.

That's what I had thought, but on the refs explanation he mentioned the clock was stopped by the replay official, not the Bils timeout, which is why the Bills still had a TO left after. If that is accurate, they did the correct thing waiting until the COlts were about to snap the ball to stop the clock.

Imagine the agony the over 51 1/2 bettors had with this game.

LOL Nick Wright can’t talk about Brady these days so he‘s now hating on Josh Allen. :D

Not recovering that fumble may have been what ultimately did in the Colts (though somehow I feel they would have come up with a creative way to blow it anyways)

Beefalo needs to develop a way to cover TEs to beat KC if they get that far

Being a fan of Phillip Rivers must be a serious challenge. Not sure I have ever seen a player who consistently plays just well enough to lose close games time after time after time. He was certainly a significantly better regular season QB than Eli Manning but his inability to come through in the playoffs is going to cost him a HOF spot in my view.

Glad it was a competitive game, thought the Colts were the better team today. Buffalo will have to play better to win next week. Reich cost the Colts the game today.

That’s the crazy part

Bills played their C game, and still won.

That’s the crazy part

Bills played their C game, and still won.
Congrats GreenCow. Been a long time for you guys. Enjoy it

It goes without saying that this is extremely dangerous behavior. After all, these people aren't wearing masks.

LOL Nick Wright can’t talk about Brady these days so he‘s now hating on Josh Allen. :D

Nick Wright'a Sh!t-stain...Not worth the time...

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back