PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION Wild card game discussion: Colts @ Bills

Reich could do no wrong with the Eagles. He made bone headed decision after bone headed decision today. Fck

My prediction was correct, Rivers did wreck a drive. I just called the wrong one.

Why didn't the Colts get Brissett in to try the hail mary? Rivers' pass didn't even get to the EZ.

Buffalo looked a bit shakier than they have in the previous 4 games.
Colts Coach isn’t the sharpest tool in that shed.

Not tricky.. you are not downed until the other team touches you. He got off his knees prior to being touched, therefore: fumble.
how about his shin?

Loudmouth players. Incompetent refs. Serious medical risks. Panties in a twist over some guy blowing up a ball. Children increasingly forbidden to play.

This sport may go the way of bearbaiting. Not sure I'll care that much.

Good game to start the playoffs. I was just about to commend the refs for a great game and letting the teams play, but I think they botched that fumble. And was the colts player tackled in bounds on their last completion? Was surprised the clock was running, if so just awful clock management.

Reich blew the game. Stop trying to be cute and kick the damn field goal. ****ing Madden video game generation coaching
Bingo, some really puzzling choices and some really bad drops, especially from the RB's...

Has to be clear and obvious. If even a tip of a finger MIGHT have brushed him while he was still down then he's down by contact. It hard to say for sure that no part of his hand touched him. I'm 99% sure, but I would need a better angle to be absolutely sure.
Your "need" is ridiculous.

Did they ever say why they gave the Bills their TO back? I understand it went to review but that only happened because the Bills had called a timeout as they were letting the next play go.

Something I never understood in hail mary passes. Why throw it up like they do without a plan? Wouldn't it make sense to design your hail mary to go to a certain spot on the field. Have your biggest player be the target and have him sit in that spot. While also having 3 or 4 other big WRs DIRECTLY around him. Then when they 'go for the ball' they do it in such a way that creates space for your target. Kind of clear out a bit of area. It would almost never be called as long as they look like they are attempting to go for the ball.

Did they ever say why they gave the Bills their TO back? I understand it went to review but that only happened because the Bills had called a timeout as they were letting the next play go.
plus the runner went out of bounds with 19 seconds left ...... then, the Bills called timeout before a play was run.

Where did those 5 second go ??? Those 5 seconds made a HUGE difference, because if there were 19 seconds left to play, Rivers could have easily completed a pass over the middle and still had plenty of time to spike the ball ...... so those 5 seconds literally took away the middle of the field for the Colts

Something very strange happened.

After the replay review there were 28 seconds and the clock started with the whistle, not the snap, which is what should have happened.

Indianapolis #11 caught the ball and fumbled out of bounds. The ref stopped the clock with 19 seconds - which I don’t think he should have done. Indy got to the line and the clock started before the snap and ran down to 12 after that play, but that play was dead since Buffalo called a TO. So they set it at 14.

Indy got some free time there, which turned out not to matter but could have been crucial.

That Josh Allen fumble took 3 points off the board.

Classic Phil Rivers game. Good stats and choke artist. This guy never comes through. Their last drive was extremely underwhelming.

Chargers and Texans and Jags should wait to fill the HC jobs for Daboll and EricB to finish up first.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back