PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why is spygate even relevant to this situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsd

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
It's now 8 years after spygate, when does it stop causing further penalty to them for an unrelated issue. Is it when Brady no longer plays, BB no longer coaching, kraft no longer owning the team? How is this relevant and why aren't other teams punished for other past transgressions then?

• Agree
Reactions: #12
Seems like a case of double jeopardy to me. I don't know if the team punishments can end up in court but I think Vincent dug himself in a hole with the spygate comment.

It doesn't...................... in only that it hurts the Patriots.

They were fully exonerated. If teams are responsible for the independent actions of their players, than the Ravens should have lost a pick when Rice slugged his old lady, or the Viks when Peterson beat his kid. This is vengeance against the Patriots. PURE & SIMPLE

because they have kept winning after that too so something must wrong..

Iam wondering, can any team now call the league and talk about a "well known chatter" that the pats cheat and the league will investigate?

Yup, it's not relevant. It happened over 10 years ago.

And this time around NOBODY in the Patriots coaching staff or management team had any knowledge of what happened with the footballs. The Wells Report STATES THIS OUTRIGHT.

It's just Goodell and his lackey Troy Vincent's way of justifying the severe penalties they are trying to impose.

And I want to see Brady, Kraft, and the Patriots to fight those penalties completely and unreservedly!

It's not and is a case of strong prejudice towards the pats.

Seems like a case of double jeopardy to me. I don't know if the team punishments can end up in court but I think Vincent dug himself in a hole with the spygate comment.
I agree... It appears that getting punished twice for the same "crime" is considered acceptable.

In a league full of thugs and criminals, you have this guy who keeps out of trouble, has an unmatched work ethic, is an excellent teammate.... But you go after that guy.

In a league full of thugs and criminals, you have this guy who keeps out of trouble, has an unmatched work ethic, is an excellent teammate.... But you go after that guy.

This. The NFL has become politicized. It was the last thing in my life that was pure entertainment. Now it's just character assassination of anyone who demonstrates competence and/or civility and elevation of those who act like animals. I've had enough of this too.

Not relevant, they were penalized harshly for that > done ! But their case was so weak now that they added it to spice things up a bit. Its like they knew the case was weak and they are making excuses for harsh punishment. Surprised they didn't bring up the "tuck rule"

The thing I keep hearing from the ******ed people like Vincent is that the Patriots have a reputation or that they are "known felons" and don't deserve the benefit of the doubt. Even if you grant them their specious thought process, they seem to forget that the only entity that has a worse track record and definitely should not be given the benefit of the doubt is the fu-king NFL!

This is the league just being consistent. For example, in the investigation of the Jets tampering with Revis, the league took into account that the Jets had been accused of tampering with Deion Branch and Michael Crabtree and been warned about trying to tamper with DeSean Jackson. Or when Mike Tomlin stood on the edge of the field and prevented the Ravens kick returner from scoring a TD, the league took into account that the team had a recent rules violation for faking injuries.

Oh, wait. Neither of those thing happened. The league judged each of those cases in a vacuum.

It's not relevant it all.

They put that in there because they were POd that BB mocked them on Spygate in that epic press conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3