PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why all the Vinetierri hate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a game for us, and a living for them. When it comes down to their livings, put your homer crack pipe down long enough to sober up to reality.

I for one have no problem with him wanting a raise. But first off, he should have given the Patriots a chance to match the offer. It wasn't a lot of difference from what I've read. The second thing is his derogatory comments. So while I won't say I "hate" him, I'm disappointed that he ran his mouth, and also disappointed he went to the Colts. As for wishing him to fail, he went to the Colts!!! As a Patriots fan it's our duty to hope the Colts fail at EVERYTHING! When I saw Manning toss six picks I was as happy as if Brady threw four TDs. That's the way it goes as a fan. If you like AV more than you like the team, I suggest becoming a Colts fan.

The problem with spitting on the hand that feeds you is that absolutely nobody really will care if he gets in the HOF. Not Indy and not the Pats.

What that means is that he will have no real support as an entrant into the Hall. There are plenty of other players each year with a public outcry to get them into the Hall.

Who is going to have his back? Nobody.

He doesn't get in, IMO.

Vinatieri is a lock for the HOF. He was fortunate enough to play for two teams to give him the opportunity to make some big kicks which makes him a bit lucky. But the HOF loses credibility without him in there.

I don't hate Adam V. I am forever grateful for his contributions to the Pats success. Other people have brought up the Johnny Damon comparison, and I agree. Great player for us, but when you go to a bitter rival for more money, I don't want you to succeed. Nothing personal, and I don't "hate" you...but I am treating you like I would (and did) anyone else kicking for the Colts, or playing centerfield for the Yankees (if what Damon did can be called that this year....lol)

I don't hate AV. I just think:
he looks like sh*t in a Colts uniform (just like anybody else for that matter),
that he decided he wanted to kick in a cozy dome for most of his games in Indy was a stupid decision,
that he made a mistake in taking about $250k-$500k more from the Colts,
that he became the next Benedict Arnold by leaving a contender for its main rival (I know Bill "Crazy Man" Polian was pursuing him to spite us),
that he badmouthed the team's front office before and after he signed with the Colts was pretty low from someone who had been about class until then.

In the end, that makes him just another kicker for another team for the rest of his playing career. We'll just have to wait and see what he does after that. Yes, he was part of the team for a long time, yes, he made some awesome FGs in clutch situations, but he could have signed elsewhere. And as just another kicker for another team, I take delight in him missing chip shot FGs and losing games for that other team in the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back