OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who are you taking #1 overall

• Total voters

BaconGrundleCandy

Not the kind of guy to say I told you so ...
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Curious to hear responses. Idc of its from a Pats lens or rebuilding without a QB.

Who you got?

PTP Thread coming soon.

voted for other
Jalen Carter

I don't like this qb class as much as previous classes and think that you have a hard time to find a DT like Carter dominating on all three downs. These players are hard to find and interior pass rush is really valuable for me personally. I think quit some qb's hate interior pass pressure. I see with some of the athletic qb's they can escape from that but imagine having a guy like chris jones/fletcher cox/Suh in your IDL can really change the dynamic of your defense for the next 10 years and is a "safer" pick imo for a team like the texans who lack skill near at any position. I am sure they will be picking 2024 high as well.

Quentin Johnston would be my choice for the Texans. They certainly can use a QB with more upside than Mills so none of the three listed would be a bad choice by any means, and they need impact players everywhere so Carter, Anderson, or Bresee would also be well worth strong consideration. However I think Johnston would make a stronger and more immediate positive impact than others I would consider.

voted for other
Jalen Carter

I don't like this qb class as much as previous classes and think that you have a hard time to find a DT like Carter dominating on all three downs. These players are hard to find and interior pass rush is really valuable for me personally. I think quit some qb's hate interior pass pressure. I see with some of the athletic qb's they can escape from that but imagine having a guy like chris jones/fletcher cox/Suh in your IDL can really change the dynamic of your defense for the next 10 years and is a "safer" pick imo for a team like the texans who lack skill near at any position. I am sure they will be picking 2024 high as well.
This was the best from SEC championship game:

CUrious to see the voted for cj stroud instead of young
Most have young ahead of stroud some even have Levis ahead of stroud

I'm on Team Jalen

I would like Jalen Carter - Georgia (if not , then best OT available)

Would taking Bryce Young include taking Bill O'Brien back?

With Richardson and Levis it's all about potential. Neither has done that much, and Richardson has looked downright horrible at times. Levis gets the "Josh Allen" treatment presumably because of size and some ability to run. As always Ohio St have elite WRs so their QB tends to look good but there have been a few Ohio St QB busts over the years so I'm not sold on Stroud. I'd say Young at Alabama is the only reason the Tide didn't lose 5 games this year. Alabama's WR crew is light years removed from the likes of Calvin Ridley, Devonta Smith, Jaylen Waddle, John Metchie, Jamieson Williams etc of previous years.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back