PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who will the pats take with the 15th overall pick?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who will the patriots take with the 15th overall pick?

• Total voters
Tbh I don’t think Bill has ever struck out with a first round pick until Harry. Can’t remember where Easley went? He would be another if it ws the first. Every other one has been good to great imo, So to be honest don’t know where the clueless Bill comments are coming from regarding first round reaches over his entire tenure. Unless we are talking 2nd round safeties which he sure has blown in recent years. But of course never gets the benefit of the doubt or any credit when he hits on mid round or ufa’s.

Personally really like Mac Jones despite the arm chairs and would be more than alright if he’s the pick. Really like Barmore as a safe and solid pick who could play multiple techniques on the front for 10 years. Pitts is the best TE to come out of college in awhile. Still needs work in some area’s of his game but would be more than ok with the pick. Like Waddle at 15, but will reserve judgment for the underwear olympics. Always stars that come out of nowhere, so still a little early to be talking about who we are tak8ing. Very excited to actually pick in the middle of the round for a change. Atleast for draft purposes and real possibilities anyway. Normally we’re picking at 28+ and spectating pipe dreams.

Tbh I don’t think Bill has ever struck out with a first round pick until Harry. Can’t remember where Easley went? He would be another if it ws the first. Every other one has been good to great imo, So to be honest don’t know where the clueless Bill comments are coming from regarding first round reaches over his entire tenure. Unless we are talking 2nd round safeties which he sure has blown in recent years. But of course never gets the benefit of the doubt or any credit when he hits on mid round or ufa’s.

Personally really like Mac Jones despite the arm chairs and would be more than alright if he’s the pick. Really like Barmore as a safe and solid pick who could play multiple techniques on the front for 10 years. Pitts is the best TE to come out of college in awhile. Still needs work in some area’s of his game but would be more than ok with the pick. Like Waddle at 15, but will reserve judgment for the underwear olympics. Always stars that come out of nowhere, so still a little early to be talking about who we are tak8ing. Very excited to actually pick in the middle of the round for a change. Atleast for draft purposes and real possibilities anyway. Normally we’re picking at 28+ and spectating pipe dreams.

I've listed this in other threads, but Bill has only had 8 picks in the top 25 of the draft. 3 were their natural picks, 2 were trade ups to get into that range, and 3 were acquired via trades (either for players like Seymour, or added picks from trading out of the first in previous years).

Those 8 players are Richard Seymour, Jerod Mayo, Ty Warren, Nate Solder, Vince Wilfork, Chandler Jones, Isaiah Wynn, and Donta Hightower. The WORST player they've selected in the top 25 is Wynn, and that's purely based on his slew of injuries. It's pretty clear he's a very good tackle when he's on the field.

If the Pats use the 15th pick, or even if they trade down a few spots, I have a lot of confidence in them to pick a good player. Second round record gets dicier for sure, but it does for EVERY team. There just aren't more than 30-40 "sure things" coming out of the draft every year, so the 2nd round tends to be where teams (definitely the Pats at least) take some home run swings on guys that have upside but with a major concern, like injury history. Sometimes it works (Gronk and Vollmer), sometimes it doesn't (Dowling).

Also, the notion that all they do is trade down is false as well. They may do it on average more than other teams, but they've also traded up 3 or 4 times in the first round, and even traded up to draft Chad Jackson in the second... hey, I didn't say trading up was always a GOOD move, just that they WILL do it, despite everyone thinking pick 15 is going to turn into six 4th rounders for some reason. Their trade down record is overblown IMO.

Non-CB Defense or Mac Jones only. Stuff McDaniels in a closet for the first 3 rounds of the draft.
You beat me too it. I saw your avatar last night on ESPN and that made me laugh. I was considering having that as my avatar.

In today's NFL, a QB with a weak arm isn't winning you Super Bowls.

amen brother! That is why I have jones and trask as third round picks,

you can be the greatest thrower ever, but in today’s nfl if you can not deliver the ball in tight windows, you will never make it as a starter.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back