PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who will the pats take with the 15th overall pick?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who will the patriots take with the 15th overall pick?

• Total voters
If the qb isn't there that he likes, I would bet we trade down or take the best d-lineman available. Bill hasn't had many picks this early but when he has, he has had a tendency to go either d-line or o-line and without a doubt the d-line is more of a priority.

Last edited:
QB of the future is the absolute biggest need, but BB wont waste # 15 there because the odds of that player contributing in 2021 are slim. BBs style is to take a QB down the board. My money on the QB pecking order is # 1 Jimmy back, # 2 Stidham and # 3 drafted QB. As camp unfolds, # 2 could change to Hoyer as Stidham is let go.

New Pats WRs will be FAs because BB wants to win now. BB has almost always gone the FA WR route. Again, a WR picked down the board for a shot in the dark.

New TE will be a FA too with Dalton and Assai not even 1 season in because of injury.

Rumors are that the Pats will be aggressive in Free agency.

Since I sure as hell don't want Mac Jones, I'm going to say Micah Parsons or Patrick Surtain--unless Jamarr Chase falls.

Surtain is McCourty's replacement.

Parsons is going to be the kind of difference maker you saw for the Bucs last night.

Mac Jones is a great college QB, a winner, highly accurate, knows his football. He does not have an NFL arm. Best dream scenario for Mac Jones is that he eventually becomes Chad Pennington.
From ive read chad penny is a good comparison

Bill never does what the prognosticators say. If they think he'll trade up, he trades down, and vice versa.

Best available player please.

I HOPE it's Kyle Pitts, but happy with whatever. Any position too.

parsons and pitts should both be off the board......i really like zaven collins, 15 might be a little high, but.....he's a BB type guy in that he's versatile, can line up just about anywhere in the front 7

won't heads explode if they don't draft a QB and then trade down from the 15 (with so many holes to fill, stockpiling picks isn't the worst thing that could happen lol) after they've signed a mid-range vet QB

Think I have similar thoughts to a few posters...if one of the top 3/4 QB's are available then there is a chance for pick 15 if not then I would think it will be Pitts for offence or Parsons/Barmore/Collins/Surtain for defence.

Think new WR1 will be a free agent and also a draft pick in the lower rounds

No Mac Jones?
It's a tough one. I haven't fully decided yet if I am happy when RG calls out his name on draft day for us. I kind of feel like value would meet more somewhere between 25-35 but i feel he will be gone by then since there are a lot of uncertaincies about many players due to short season and opt outs, no combine etc. I can see the WTF, Saints, Steelers or some team later on might trade up for Jones. I wouldn't hate it, if we trade a bit down for a pick between our second and our third comp pick and then select MJ if no playmaker is there at 15. I am not fully sold on him. He has some nice tools, good pocket passer which i like. He needs some work tough and good protection. It's just that i prefer a dual threat qb more, bc we have a good run game which makes it even more interesting for some designed qb runs and our weapons aren't really there. I am sure we get some weapons but idk it's a tough decision. But i like the idea of drafting a qb to compare with a vet qb signing, bc i am not fully convinced on the possible bridge qb's. Wouldn't mind to trade up a bit for Lance and Wilson if they fall but they probably won't fall much.

If Parsons is still available at #15 then pencil him in. He'd have the potential to be transformative for the LB group.
Yeah, I've read and heard really good things about him...From what I had heard though, he is supposed to go top 10, but you never know...
saw that he was compared to Devon White, if that's the case, that is a huge compliment.

2015 noodle arm Peyton Manning won a Super Bowl. The only thing we can say for certain is that in today‘s NFL, Tom Brady wins Super Bowls.

It's something I've wondered for a while now. If Tom Brady didn't exist, would we have a different view on QB's? In other words, give out seven Super Bowls to other QB's, and are we just assuming it'll go to whoever the "next best" guy is that year? Or would the type of QB's that could win go up because there wouldn't be one guy dominating the stat? If I feel bored later maybe I'll look at the final four QB's each year and determine who had a chance in hell of beating the other three if Brady wasn't one of them.

Yeah, I've read and heard really good things about him...From what I had heard though, he is supposed to go top 10, but you never know...
saw that he was compared to Devon White, if that's the case, that is a huge compliment.
From a skill standpoint i agree he can be a stud and has everything you want from size coverage run Blitz speed ability, but I don't know how serious his character issues are, and when you read that stuff about wino not an easy guy in the locker i think he is Not the BB type, except those reports are wrong and overestimate his issues

If Parsons is still available at #15 then pencil him in. He'd have the potential to be transformative for the LB group.
Unless most teams have gone full ******, he’ll be long gone. LBs like him are in high demand with the league constructed as it currently is, and we’re in no man’s land at 15.

Is there a space eating D lineman who can also get pressure available in the draft? Those seem like unicorns these days.

I don’t think the big 3 WRs (Chase, Waddle, Smith) will fall. I’d probably go with one of University of Friend of Bill Nick Saban DT Christain Barmore, TE Kyle Pitts, QB Zach Wilson (if he falls), or Freirmuth. I think Bill will have some heavy interest in Barmore if he’s sitting there at 15.

Barmore's the closest one worthy of a 1st-round pick...6'4/310, but is only a RS Soph, so there's still plenty of growth potential, but also some risk potential as well...might be a more natural 5-tech (think Ty Warren or Lawrence Guy), so he might not exactly fit what we need here most at DT...
One option at #47 could be NCSt DT Alim McNeill, who might have enough juice to stay on the field during some passing situations...LSU DT Tyler Shelvin's a beast, but seems more of a 2-down space eater than a pocket-pusher, so he's a 3rd-round value to me.

Last edited:
Barmore's the closest one worthy of a 1st-round pick...6'4/310, but is only a RS Soph, so there's still plenty of growth potential, but also some risk potential as well...might be a more natural 5-tech (think Ty Warren or Lawrence Guy), so he might not exactly fit what we need here most at DT...One option at #47 could be NCSt DT Alim McNeill, who might have enough juice to stay on the field during some passing situations...LSU DT Tyler Shelvin's a beast, but seems more of a 2-down space eater than a pocket-pusher, so he's a 3rd-round value to me.
We need a space eater. Barmore actually has room to grow, believe it or not. I think he’d be a natural fit, but would probably start off as a 3-tech more than a 0 or 5. I loved Jordan Davis, but he’s unfortunately going back to Georgia

A front 7 player that everyone here he hates but goes onto have a Hall of Fame career.

Non-CB Defense or Mac Jones only. Stuff McDaniels in a closet for the first 3 rounds of the draft.

We need a space eater. Barmore actually has room to grow, believe it or not. I think he’d be a natural fit, but would probably start off as a 3-tech more than a 0 or 5. I loved Jordan Davis, but he’s unfortunately going back to Georgia
I wouldn't mind Shelvin and Barmore tbh. Give our defense a stud 0 tech run stopper and a interior pass rusher who was potential and frame to become a 3 down IDL would boost our defense

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back