PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who else is conerned about Randy Moss's leg injury?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moss8803

Rookie
Reaction score
I believe that BB's sitting Randy Moss for the first three pre-season games was just a precautionary moves. But how many of you'll think he'll be ready for the beginning of the regular seasons. My concern with Moss is his injury, rather than his attitude.

I have a feeling its one of two things - either Moss really has a lingering hammy, which I tend not to believe or BB doesn't want any scouts to know what roll Randy will play in this offense or what type of level he is at. So, if he is the "moss of old" teams won't be ready for him or maybe they will automatically assign to him a double team, who really knows. A team like Mangini's is of course a gameplanning team, and if it's possible why not mask anything you can.

I have a feeling its one of two things - either Moss really has a lingering hammy, which I tend not to believe or BB doesn't want any scouts to know what roll Randy will play in this offense or what type of level he is at. So, if he is the "moss of old" teams won't be ready for him or maybe they will automatically assign to him a double team, who really knows. A team like Mangini's is of course a gameplanning team, and if it's possible why not mask anything you can.

i hope you're right, but i don't see how we could do anything like this without playing/practice time. i think he hurt himself and they want to give it as long as possible to heal so it doesn't get worse.

If any GM in the league saw the Moss of 2003 on any of his last 25 games played, he would have gotten the Raiders a lot more than a 4th round pick in April. If there is speculation that he can get back there without playing a preaseason snap, with a new offense and quarterback, BB should also be telling his defensive backs to play deep for Chad Pennington's 85 yard cannon.

If any GM in the league saw the Moss of 2003 on any of his last 25 games played, he would have gotten the Raiders a lot more than a 4th round pick in April. If there is speculation that he can get back there without playing a preaseason snap, with a new offense and quarterback, BB should also be telling his defensive backs to play deep for Chad Pennington's 85 yard cannon.

absolute hogwash

The Patriots factored injuries in their offseason moves... Moss and Stallworth offer redundant insurance for the deep WR game. No one here is expecting or depending on Moss to catch 80 passes.

He and Stalloworth collectively serve one purpose: keep defenses honest, and open up the passing and running game for others.

Let me put this another way - as long as we have a legitimate deep threat on the field, Moss might as well rest up for the 2nd half of the season, going into the playoffs.

Game 1 isn't the important one - its Game 19.

Deion Branch was a healthy scratch for the entire 2005 preseason, so I am not surprised that Moss would sit out with any sort of injury.

Better safe than sorry.

Until he's out on the field catching TD passes he really hasn't proven anything. It's all speculation either way whether he has a great season, is an attitude problem or something in between.

Deion Branch was a healthy scratch for the entire 2005 preseason, so I am not surprised that Moss would sit out with any sort of injury.

Better safe than sorry.

Deion was a little more familiar with this offense and a lot more familiar with #12.

Look - whoever doubts Randy Moss and his ability to get in to the "system" has no idea what this guy has done in career. He's a 10 year veteran in the NFL and a 5-time pro bowler. He is ALREADY one of the best wide recievers of all-time, whose legacy is only tarnished by his on-field temperament and certain off-field issues.
If he's not practicing after the Giants game - I think then we should begin to downplay the effect Moss will have on this offense. But Randy has been in this league for so long that a couple of weeks of training camp and a few missed preseason series should not be cause for concern.
Besides that, Randy Moss is a guy who runs down field and outjumps defenders for footballs - he isn't a Marvin Harrison type who relies on timing routes. I agree that it would be great if Randy had been able to practice, but it's seriously blown way out of proportion.
If Randy says he's going to "rip it up", based on what this guy has accomplished in his career, I wouldn't doubt the man.

I am not worried I think Randy and Brady were starting to sync up and It migh take a week or two when he is ready but they are both to good for this not to work. Cream rises to the top so dont worry and be happy.

I think the most worried person right now has to be John Brady.

Will his dad's body chemistry be ok this year???

Injury worries

Not Moss, who is walking fine and in the locker room. Seymour, Warren, Wright, Gaffney, Hochstein, K Brady, etc. I expect one or more to wind up on IR.

Look - whoever doubts Randy Moss and his ability to get in to the "system" has no idea what this guy has done in career. He's a 10 year veteran in the NFL and a 5-time pro bowler. He is ALREADY one of the best wide recievers of all-time, whose legacy is only tarnished by his on-field temperament and certain off-field issues.
If he's not practicing after the Giants game - I think then we should begin to downplay the effect Moss will have on this offense. But Randy has been in this league for so long that a couple of weeks of training camp and a few missed preseason series should not be cause for concern.
Besides that, Randy Moss is a guy who runs down field and outjumps defenders for footballs - he isn't a Marvin Harrison type who relies on timing routes. I agree that it would be great if Randy had been able to practice, but it's seriously blown way out of proportion.
If Randy says he's going to "rip it up", based on what this guy has accomplished in his career, I wouldn't doubt the man.

Bingo!! This is perfectly stated. Just having him on the field accomplishes a big goal in this offense. Yes, we would love for him to have a fully established rapport with 12 the way a Try Brown does, but lets face it: Its not a requirement. He can serve this O just by lessening the number in the box and diverting attn his way.

The Patriots factored injuries in their offseason moves... Moss and Stallworth offer redundant insurance for the deep WR game. No one here is expecting or depending on Moss to catch 80 passes.

He and Stalloworth collectively serve one purpose: keep defenses honest, and open up the passing and running game for others.

Let me put this another way - as long as we have a legitimate deep threat on the field, Moss might as well rest up for the 2nd half of the season, going into the playoffs.

Game 1 isn't the important one - its Game 19.

After all, if you guys don't win game 19, then you won't go to the SB!!

I don't think that BB actually operates this way. Someone who doesn't practice is usually injured, period. BB has developed a reputation as a real schemer (deservedly so in many areas), but with all these "he's just saving him" rumors every time someone important doesn't practice, it usually turns out that the person is injured. I will be pleasantly surprised if Moss actually plays in the Jets game, but I'm not holding my breath. I am also getting concerned about people like Richard Seymour, Kyle Brady and Asante Samuel. While I realize they are all vets who can pick everything up quickly, it seems to me that the Pats' system operates a lot on timing and knowing where the guy next to you is going. It doesn't help the team that these guys haven't been out there yet.

Moss isn't needed now. We need him for the playoffs. Sure, I'd like to see Moss, Stallworth and Welker for the jets game. But if not, we're still fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST