PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Where We Are On March 26th

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
WHERE WE ARE ON MARCH 26th
-------------------------------------
1. We've re-signed all of our free agents that we wanted as part of the future.

2. Where we lost folks, we made replacements, usually upgrades:
LB from Wilson to Takitaki,
DT from Guy to Watts,
OL from T. Brown to Okorafor
TE from Gisicki to Hooper
RB from Elliot to Gibson
QB from Jones to Brissette
S from Phillips to Hawkins
WR from Parker to Osborne

3. Some potential re-signs are still out there
CB Jackson (if and when he is more healthy)
ST Davis
RB Elliot (if he doesn't return to Dallas)

4. We still need help at
QB - our first draft pick
LT - We will likely draft out future starter in the late first or 2nd round. We my or may not sign a free agent transition.
FS - To me, we need to sign a free agent who would replace Mills. Perhaps the team is ready to allow Bledsoe to have a more significant role.
WR - We are trying to trade for a #1. We will likely draft a couple of WR's. In the meantime, we have Bourne, Osborne, Douglas, Shuster, Reagor, Thronton, Boutte
ST - We've lost Slater and Board. Davis has not been re-signed.

5. While we still have lots of cap money, HOPEFULLY much will be used to extend Judon, Dugger, Barmore and Phillips, and perhaps even Stevenson. And yes. there is plenty of room for a top WR if we can secure one.

Last edited:
has Okorafor ever played left tackle?

Yes, he has started some games at LT before moving to RT.

If he works out, he could be extended and be our swing OT for the future. My gut feel is that we should be signing one of the LT's left to a two-year deal, and have Okorafor as our swing OT, with our top OT draftee gradually being moved into a starting role.

Last edited:
He was Pittsburgh's left tackle for the entire 2021 season, from what I can see on Ourlads archived depth charts. Moved back to RT in 2022.

DT from Guy to Watts,
RB from Elliot to Gibson

ST Davis

4. We still need help at
LT - We will likely draft out future starter in the late first or 2nd round. We my or may not sign a free agent transition.
FS - To me, we need to sign a free agent who would replace Mills. Perhaps the team is ready to allow Bledsoe to have a more significant role.
WR - We are trying to trade for a #1. We will likely draft a couple of WR's. In the meantime, we have Bourne, Osborne, Douglas, Shuster, Reagor, Thronton, Boutte

5. While we still have lots of cap money, HOPEFULLY much will be used to extend Judon, Dugger, Barmore and Phillips, and perhaps even Stevenson. And yes. there is plenty of room for a top WR if we can secure one.
Key point here: the Patriots only have 70 players on their roster. They will be adding 20 more with the draft, undrafted FAs, UFAs, and trades.

There is a pretty solid core here. The QB and OL questions are the biggest ones still to be answered.

Key point here: the Patriots only have 70 players on their roster. They will be adding 20 more with the draft, undrafted FAs, UFAs, and trades.

There is a pretty solid core here. The QB and OL questions are the biggest ones still to be answered.
I agree

He has played LT but that feels like a backup plan to the draft sort of like Brissett. I really hope we can draft a QB and LT but if not (or if we draft and they aren't easy to play game 1) these are the fall backs.

DT from Guy to Watts,
RB from Elliot to Gibson

ST Davis

4. We still need help at

Glad you're so positive in your positivity. So if the Pats re-sign Elliott is he better than Elliott, too?

Glad you're so positive in your positivity. So if the Pats re-sign Elliott is he better than Elliott, too?
If we sign Elliot, he will be better than our 3rd option at RB in 2023.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back