PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What about Waters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

old 55

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I assume we retain his rights since he sat out the year. Does he try to play next year with us? Do we trade his rights to a team he'll play for?
Speculation has been that he wants to play for the Texans. Ae we confident enough to trade him to an AFC rival?
I haven't seen any discussion of him in the post season threads.
I guess most have written him off or are assuming he's retired.

Not this again...

hes essentially retired. he cant play football again until he plays or is released by the pats.

Is that sarcasm or were you just in need of a Pink Floyd reference?

hello.........hello..........hello...........is there anybody out there?

not brian waters

I assume we retain his rights since he sat out the year. Does he try to play next year with us? Do we trade his rights to a team he'll play for?
Speculation has been that he wants to play for the Texans. Ae we confident enough to trade him to an AFC rival?
I haven't seen any discussion of him in the post season threads.
I guess most have written him off or are assuming he's retired.

If he wanted to play for the Texans, and the Pats were willing to trade him, the Texans weren't willing to cough up enough to make it happen.

But all signs point to his effectively having retired. [Note that the Patriots could have fined him if they so chose, but they elected not to do so.]

who?????

roger waters?

Patriots must have had second thoughts on need last off season since they kept talking to him into the season and had upped their offer from agreeing to a restructure to further incentivize $500K of his $900K base plus $750K in incentives to $4M. Maybe that is another reason Floyd is moving on. Unfortunately after a year on the couch that ship has likely sailed irrespective of any remaining interest in his playing on either side.

Connolly and Mankins are excellent guards. Wendell is an excellent center. Solder is a fine tackle. Vollmer is an issue given his free agency but Waters would not take his place.

Given all that, and given Waters' apparent lack of desire to play for the Pats, I would leave well enough alone and use the existing back-ups and perhaps free agency and the draft to fill in for Vollmer, if need be, and depth.

Waters had his chance to come back and rejected it on multiple occasions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes