PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wes Welker

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikey

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Patriots WR Wes Welker's resilience knows no bounds - ESPN Boston

Tom Brady studied Welker on film, turned to vice president of player personnel Scott Pioli and asked, "When is this guy's contract up? He's our kind of player.''

New England scooped him up in 2007 for the price of one second- and one seventh-round draft pick. Brady discovered his new target was both meticulous and free-spirited, one of the most creative practical jokers in the locker room.

"No one works harder than Wes,'' Brady declared. "And no one has more fun that Wes. Trust me.''

brady should be a gm when he retires :rocker:

no really, wes welker is a great asset to the team. Even with that career ending injury, wes is having a good season, and he will probably be much improved next season. Lets just hope he continues on making those awesome catches
:)

Thanks for posting. It's easily forgotten just how remarkable a feat it was for Welker to be ready by the first PRE-season game, when his best case for a return had been slated for mid season.

Also, props to TFB for helping out Welker with the recovery. What a teammate.

Lastly, 16 goals in a soccer game against an undefeated team? Woah! :eek:

Nice article. How do guys like he and Woodhead get missed by scouts??

Nice article. How do guys like he and Woodhead get missed by scouts??

i think guys like welker and woodhead, although talented, would probably not thrive on other ballclubs. They fit perfectly in the niche that is new england patriots and i am glad we have them!

Great article! thanks for posting that link.

Thanks for the link!

Wes was always a major pain when he was in Miami. I was so happy when the Pats traded for him.

Interesting article. I really hope Woodhead becomes as huge as Wes Welker. (even though they are both small) :p

Patriots WR Wes Welker's resilience knows no bounds - ESPN Boston

Tom Brady studied Welker on film, turned to vice president of player personnel Scott Pioli and asked, "When is this guy's contract up? He's our kind of player.''

New England scooped him up in 2007 for the price of one second- and one seventh-round draft pick. Brady discovered his new target was both meticulous and free-spirited, one of the most creative practical jokers in the locker room.

"No one works harder than Wes,'' Brady declared. "And no one has more fun that Wes. Trust me.''

First thought, not a new one: What the h*** were the LOLphins thinking? Honestly, somebody should have made a "Thank You" video about Welker.

Second thought, again, not a new one: If the Patriots had 53 players as dedicated and hard-working as Welker, they'd make 45-3 look like a squeaker.

Wes Welker not only welcomed contact, he craved it. He didn't just embrace challenges, he invented his own, like the time in high school when he attempted an onside kick without informing his coach. Welker not only lofted the ball the allotted 10 yards, he also sprinted down and recovered it. As everyone in the stadium lauded Heritage Hall coach Rod Warner for his courageous call in the midst of a one-touchdown game, he looked incredulously at Welker and mumbled, "If you're going to do that, could you at least fill me in next time?"

Awesome. :)

Jackie McMullen is the man.. oh wait a minute..

Great story, by one of my favorite Boston writers...

Great read.

Brady wasn't his greatest last year, he was good but not great, Welker has been good and consistent but not great. Think if you turn Brady's year into Welker's next year, he could have the most receptions in a year next year. :D

His girlfriends not too shabby either. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes