PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Welcome to the Patriots Yodny Cajuste

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thuney replacement?

Tried writing this a while ago but hour died.
Fires off the line. Big time + in the run game. Loves getting his hands on his man moving him. Solid strikes, feet usually dont stop. Would like to see his footwork improve but hes a really good run blocker, pulling player. Moves well when leading the charge. Doesn't look 320+ moving. Probably a little better in man. At times gets lost in space in zone but who knows what these are getting told/taught.

Just got done talking w someone who interviewed a OL prospect that told him he was being taught to handle certain rushes, stances etc
Footwork needs some work in pass pro. Quickness isnt there feom snap to snap but I didnt see a liability but things change quickly next level. Definitely flashes the speed you want to cut off the angle/edge, strike & anchor but again its inconsistent.
Another isssue that stems from his feet is balance. Gets front loaded, too heavy at times. You'll see opponents take his hands away from him or threaten & take the corner.

Scar works wonders w balance so let's see what he can do.

A little concerned about the injury history but seeing how the NEP are a smashmouth power football team now :p an agile, athletic LT makes a lot of sense.

Just gotta see how he does.

Yup, that's why I'm still interested in Jennings and Wesco, and why I liked Grier and Cajuste as possibilities. Extremely happy with this pick; I wouldn't have complained if we took him at 56. Great maneuvering this year.

Good. Wynn and Cajuste give Scarnecchia talented young guys on rookie deals to develop with options in the veterans (Skipper, Matthews and Lang) that Belichick brought in at tackle. I thought letting Brown go in FA was a mistake, but when a guy has the opportunity to cash in, it's best to move on. This kid seems to be a great value pick and his size, given Wynn's relative short stature, makes it possible for Wynn to be the most versatile guy on the line.

Dante Scarnecchia is the MVP of this team.

Last edited:
As someone already suggested here, this pick does feel like a do-over attempt at Garcia, ideally without the degenerative knee condition or whatever it was. Definitely the lowest floor of all our picks so far, and because there's an immediate hole at #3 OT, I don't know if I consider the need filled with Cajuste. There's probably not a lot of ready-to-play tackles left after pick #100 though so I can't hate on a pick at a position of need, especially of a guy often projected a round earlier. Scar has made much more difficult things happen.

Is he related to the white guy Cajuste from Hard Knocks who got cut from Cleveland?

Wouldn't be a Pats draft if they didn't draft someone with a history of knee injuries, I guess. :D

Dante has 2 new pieces of clay to mold into shiny binkys....

:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft