PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Welcome 4th Round WR Malcom Mitchell

goheels22002

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
WR Malcolm Mitchell 6'1" 195 - SEC pedigree

Check him out:

It seems as if most of the best receivers in the nfl has big hands. Both Mitchell and Lucien has 10+ hand size. We'll see if this translate to being a good receiver with the Patriots.

What do you folks think, over or under three years on the team?

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

WR is the hardest college position to project to the NFL, and projecting success with the Patriots is triply hard. But for once, they seem to have drafted exactly the kind of receiver that a lot of us on this board always look for -- a very smart, hard-working player with good quickness and body control, who ran sharp routes in a pro-style offense. That's pretty much the blueprint for a Brady binky, IMO. Keeping my fingers crossed!

he looks better than Dobson coming out of college if you ask me. Actually gets separation, and when he doesn't he goes up high and gets it, which is something we are lacking. I can see Brady liking him. Might take a while to crack the starting lineup but I think he will get a few snaps each week. Depending on how camp goes, you get the feeling two of Martin/Amendola/Dobson aren't making the team.

Malcolm Mitchell. . . .
Malcolm Butler. . . .
Malcom Brown.

Are there any more Malcolms/Malcoms the Pats can trade for? :p

Malcolm Mitchell. . . .
Malcolm Butler. . . .
Malcom Brown.

Are there any more Malcolms/Malcoms the Pats can trade for? :p

I was going to say Malcom in the middle but we already have that.:)

he looks better than Dobson coming out of college if you ask me. Actually gets separation, and when he doesn't he goes up high and gets it, which is something we are lacking. I can see Brady liking him. Might take a while to crack the starting lineup but I think he will get a few snaps each week. Depending on how camp goes, you get the feeling two of Martin/Amendola/Dobson aren't making the team.

Excellent observation that's what I see too Mitchell plays Bigger than his actual size. I think Mitchell and Devin Lucien have skills sets we haven't seen at the N.E. Patriots WR position in a long time.

I like what I'm hearing about Mitchell and Brissett from a character perspective. Neither are
slouches athletically either.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back