PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 1 TV Maps

It depends on priority and budget. My kids are all grown up and my wives are all moved onto better men so being able to watch the redzone replay after watching the Patriots' game is absolutely worth it and helps me not feel so alone in this empty, pointless life.
It's the simple things in life.

I like Gamepass if I can’t watch live and can wait until sometime when the game is over. So this CBS all access might be a good additional option for me.
The trick with using a VPN is you get to buy the "International" version of Game Pass, which is still $99 a year, but it airs games live instead of replays, and in very high quality. You just need to use a VPN or other means to appear in another country when using it, and obviously have a credit card that permits international transactions. It sounds shady, but it's worked for years now, so I have to think the NFL is aware of it but it's such a fringe use-case that they don't care to try to block it. And it's making them money either way.

FWIW, if anyone has DirecTV but doesn't have the NFL Sunday Ticket, I believe they do 1 free week to start the season.

(Of course that begs the question of WHY anyone would have DirecTV without getting the Sunday Ticket, but I digress....)

I do the $200 (or whatever it is, they charge you in moon dollars not God's currency) Gamepass because it means I can watch any game at any time plus the network plus redzone.

I know the cost isn't a small deal but if you eat out every week and think of it in terms of skipping that just a few times or something similar the bang for your buck is pretty fantastic.

Assuming you're a real hardcore NFL fan like me and not some wishy washy dude who watches the SB for the commercials like an SJW woke commie triggered snowflake.

It depends on priority and budget. My kids are all grown up and my wives are all moved onto better men so being able to watch the redzone replay after watching the Patriots' game is absolutely worth it and helps me not feel so alone in this empty, pointless life.
Maybe keep the silicone wife then?

reminder- anyone with a DirecTV regular subscription, Sunday Ticket is there as a free preview for the first weekend. No subscription to Sunday Ticket needed. edit: oops... XLIX already said this.. never mind

you guys must be young, there is NO WAY i could decipher programming my set to watch the Pats game here in NJ. Hoping this year there are some good workable links to watch the game online,I know we are not allowed to ask about them......:)

@captain stone

saw this thread on the bills site... pretty good way to watch out of market games... only requires CBS all access or whatever its called these days...

I wasn't able to get the posted technique to work but I did find an alternate method - I added a geolocation-hiding extension to Chrome and then entered New England coordinates as shown - worked like a charm! I'm watching a WBZ 'test' stream on Paramount+ at this very moment. As a bonus I won't need to futz around with Developer Tools after all. Thanks again for sharing this!

I wasn't able to get the posted technique to work but I did find an alternate method - I added a geolocation-hiding extension to Chrome and then entered New England coordinates as shown - worked like a charm! I'm watching a WBZ 'test' stream on Paramount+ at this very moment. As a bonus I won't need to futz around with Developer Tools after all. Thanks again for sharing this!
genius... sounds like a step by step post is in order wax

genius... sounds like a step by step post is in order wax
Sounds good! I'll cobble something together when my brain is fully functional.

Meantime here's a Cliff Notes version (hopefully my sleepy brain got this right) in case I forget or am not able to get back to this soon:

1) install a geolocation-changing extension (I opted for one called Change Geolocation (Location Guard))
2) click the extension's Details button to open the details tab
3) click 'extension options' from the details tab
4) enter coordinates for New England as instructed in the other guide
5) close the extension tabs
6) clear browser cache
7) sign in to Paramount Plus and find the live channels - you should see WBZ listed
8) if not, clear cache again and sign back in

Last edited:
I used this and it worked perfectly for me today. I only have the $5 essential Paramount + package, so I can’t pick WBZ, but I selected live tv and it had the Pats game. I just ordered a Chromecast to put it on my tv next time. Thanks @Wax Frog !

I used this and it worked perfectly for me today. I only have the $5 essential Paramount + package, so I can’t pick WBZ, but I selected live tv and it had the Pats game. I just ordered a Chromecast to put it on my tv next time. Thanks @Wax Frog !
You're welcome! I overnighted mine for today's game :haha::thumbsup:

Also thanks for cluing me in that I don't necessarily need the local affiliate; got to make sure I downgrade before my trial expires.

Last edited:

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back