PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Watching Rodgers last night

Status
Not open for further replies.

dex13

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Reminded me of Brady...only a few seasons back. It really made me realize that while Brady is still an elite QB, he is definitely not the same Brady that could carry the entire load.

At least he does have a lot more help this season. Pats have one of the younger defenses which means that they should get better as the season progresses. Normally, the Pats go in after decimating everyone in the regular season only to get bounced by an inferior team in the playoffs. Now, it will be the Pats turn to catch fire at the end of the season and steam roll through the playoffs.

The Texans and 49ers games towards the end of the season will measure how ready the Pats really are.

Reminded me of Brady...only a few seasons back. It really made me realize that while Brady is still an elite QB, he is definitely not the same Brady that could carry the entire load.

At least he does have a lot more help this season. Pats have one of the younger defenses which means that they should get better as the season progresses. Normally, the Pats go in after decimating everyone in the regular season only to get bounced by an inferior team in the playoffs. Now, it will be the Pats turn to catch fire at the end of the season and steam roll through the playoffs.

The Texans and 49ers games towards the end of the season will measure how ready the Pats really are.

Rodgers sucked against the Seattle Seahawks - 26/39, 223 yards - 0 TDs and sacked 8 times.

Brady was 36/58 , 395 yards 2 TDs, 2 Ints, sacked once.

It was extremely reassuring to learn that Rodgers and the Packers bounced back to crush the Texans.

Rodgers sucked against the Seattle Seahawks - 26/39, 223 yards - 0 TDs and sacked 8 times.

It was extremely reassuring to learn that Rodgers and the Packers bounced back to crush the Texans.

You think Brady would have anywhere near those numbers if he was sacked 8 times in the game. No f-n way.

LOL, man. Yeah how did watching Rodgers in other weeks this year manke you feel?

Brady can't win. His performance against Denver last week makes fans long for other days, apparently.

And yesterday CBS showed that he last Seahawks win over the Patriots was when they beat QB Scott Secules.

Scott freakin' Secules!!!!!!!!!!

And people are negative here about all this small stuff!

Sorry PatsFans, but when this run is over (and it's not) I will not be hanging around here. I'll still be watching, rooting, going to the games, but I'm not going to watch the infestation.

You think Brady would have anywhere near those numbers if he was sacked 8 times in the game. No f-n way.

attachment.php

Sorry PatsFans, but when this run is over (and it's not) I will not be hanging around here. I'll still be watching, rooting, going to the games, but I'm not going to watch the infestation.

it gets worse every year my friend .. I always wonder how some of these folks on here lose their minds with a glimpse of adversity to this team .. How do they function in society when they are faced with adversity? Crazy!

LOL, man. Yeah how did watching Rodgers in other weeks this year manke you feel?

Brady can't win. His performance against Denver last week makes fans long for other days, apparently.

And yesterday CBS showed that he last Seahawks win over the Patriots was when they beat QB Scott Secules.

Scott freakin' Secules!!!!!!!!!!

And people are negative here about all this small stuff!

NOt sure that will be the case. Everyone's expectations are extremely high, that's why there's a lot of disappointment when the Pats lose. When the current run ends and we're stuck watching a rebuild, everyone's expectations will be tempered and a lose like this will be looked at in context.

Yeah, I'd rather have Brady than Rodgers any day.

It's pretty annoying how people keep saying Brady is losing it or Brady isn't the same every time we lose, when he's still the best QB.

Last edited:
NOt sure that will be the case. Everyone's expectations are extremely high, that's why there's a lot of disappointment when the Pats lose. When the current run ends and we're stuck watching a rebuild, everyone's expectations will be tempered and a lose like this will be looked at in context.

When Brady and BB are done in NE, 74.38% (;)) of the fairweather fans here will wait for one season and see if we have the next Brady if not they will jump ship, This website/forum which we all love and visit many times a day will have fewer visitors than Adam sandlers movies..... Wise thing to do is sit back and enjoy the best QB Coach pairing in history play out their final years here in NE (which i hope is atleast 15 years lol)

GO BRADY :rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker:

Last edited:
it gets worse every year my friend .. I always wonder how some of these folks on here lose their minds with a glimpse of adversity to this team .. How do they function in society when they are faced with adversity? Crazy!

When the feces hit the fan, I guarantee you the first group of people to disappear out of this place will be people that you would consider "homers".

I like rodgers but brady would never complain to the media that his scout defense team was not playing with enough intensity. Packers seem to find a lot complaints with the refs and their chemistry and eveyrthing. But he is a great QB no doubt. If brady had one physical receiver who can stretch the field like jennings,nelson or even driver it would be awesome. Lloyd is great but not very big or physical.

I bet you it will be bad. Even with low expectations. It will be really really bad. Most of these fans haven't seen bad QBng. Even Bledsoe was a top 10-15 QB until his final year in New England. Heck, Cassell was a good QB here!!

if brady was busy getting sacked 8 times, the pats owuld have never had the lead in this game.

but all things told, using any one game as a trend is weak.

but this affinity for blowing games late IS a trend for the pats this year.

When the feces hit the fan, I guarantee you the first group of people to disappear out of this place will be people that you would consider "homers".

Proud homer here.

I've been going to games and following from the mid-70s. Been through lots of bad, and I'm around still. Never abandoned this team.

That being said, I think this place will get so bad that you're right, I'll be gone.

But I don't think that's what you implied.

I bet you it will be bad. Even with low expectations. It will be really really bad. Most of these fans haven't seen bad QBng. Even Bledsoe was a top 10-15 QB until his final year in New England. Heck, Cassell was a good QB here!!

Maybe the first year will be bad, as far as fans expecting continued brilliance at QB. But as soon as we go through another Hodson/Millen/Zolak merry-go-round, reality will set in.

Until then, I don't really get upset if fans get disappointed because of high expectations.

It's like in real life, there's a certain level of disappointment when someone you think highly off does something malicious compared to if that person was someone you didn't respect.

I like rodgers but brady would never complain to the media that his scout defense team was not playing with enough intensity. Packers seem to find a lot complaints with the refs and their chemistry and eveyrthing. But he is a great QB no doubt. If brady had one physical receiver who can stretch the field like jennings,nelson or even driver it would be awesome. Lloyd is great but not very big or physical.

Ya know, these QB comparisons don't really say much in the end. Packer fans will tell you that if they had 2 TEs like Gronk and Hernandez plus the OL pass protection that Brady's enjoyed all these years, that Rodgers would be unbelievable, etc, etc.

Brady on the Packers just wouldn't do as well, and Rodgers on the Pats would suffer the same. Problem is, when you say that everybody yells about a "system quarterback." Well every QB is a system quarterback--they adjust to their team and teams build around them.

Rodgers is probably the premier QB in the league...for now. Brees is very close behind and Brady is finishing out an unbelievable career. It may take 3 more seasons and Luck and Griffin III maturing before we see a new crop of truly elite QBs emerging.

Let Brady have Rodgers' tools, and he'll run circles around that d-bag.

By the same token, put Rodgers with the Pats offense, and you'll see numbers tank.

That's the point. Brady wasn't sacked 8 times - just once. Rodgers sucked against the Seahawks - he did not get rid of the ball and he did little with it when he wasn't being dragged to the ground.

lol, I was talking about watching a QB in his prime verse one whose on the other side of it. And as far as watching Rodgers against Seattle and Chitown, yeah it sucked since Rodgers is my QB in my money league but other than that, he's scored over 30 points in the other four games so I can't complain.

What I saw was a QB who could put the entire team on his back when push comes to shove just like Brady used to. Just made me think about those playoff runs of past years.

Proud homer here.

I've been going to games and following from the mid-70s. Been through lots of bad, and I'm around still. Never abandoned this team.

That being said, I think this place will get so bad that you're right, I'll be gone.

But I don't think that's what you implied.

No it's not. I'll grant you that you seem authentic. But, personally, I've always believed that a lot more of the homers (especially "raging" homers) are more apt to be bandwagon fans. Essentially, the premise is trouble admitting fault with the team because they began rooting for them due to the Patriots awesome-ness throughout this decade and would have trouble letting go once the team starts on the downward slope. Once it hits the fan, and it becomes apparent that the Pats are once again a long way off from competing (probably post-Brady), they (along with the bandwagoning Chicken Littles) will be the first to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes