PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Was Solder hurt in Superbowl? 3/5ths of line exceptional in SB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdangle

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
I seem to recall Solder was hurt and slow to recover after a play in the AFC Championship game. Does anyone remember the/any play Solder looked like he got hurt in the game? I recall thinking, oh no, not f'n Solder. But then he seemed to shake it off. Maybe it was worse than it looked.

But he definitely had his worst game of the year (by many metrics) the next game during SB. It helps explain why Brady was under such pressure. I didn't realize the pressure all came from left side. Maybe a few from Mason too I think.

How the Patriots engineered the greatest comeback in Super Bowl history | PFF

"To put it bluntly, Patriots LT Nate Solder was getting his butt whipped. He was responsible for a ludicrous 10 QB pressures throughout the first 37 minutes of the game. At that point in the third quarter, Brady had been under pressure on 14 of his 32 dropbacks (43.8 percent). That’s a sizable jump from the 30.5 percent he had seen in his 14 games prior this season."

I came across this idea after reading multiple articles citing how well Cannon played - AGAIN-. In fact Thuney, Andrews and Cannon all played exceptional.

Top offensive grades:

RT Marcus Cannon, 84.9

C David Andrews, 83.1

LG Joe Thuney, 77.4

WR Danny Amendola, 76.3

WR Malcolm Mitchell, 73.4

Unless Solder was left on an island all game, I can't think of another reason besides possible injury for his poor play. Not that it's a big deal now, he'll have a lot of time to recover... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents