PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

VIDEO: Julian Edelman Stops By "Good Morning America" For Interview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also on Colbert tonight

Julian has definitely earned everything he’s attained. We’re all different and for me, the most difficult thing to imagine is the discipline & dedication it takes to get where he is.

I’m not wired like that. I don’t mind working hard and doing my job as best I can. But I’ve never desired to be The Best at what I do.

He was also on Boomer and Gio (The Fan) yesterday morning. My 2 takeaways: 1) Gio was very flattering toward Edelman and his upcoming Showtime documentary, and 2) Belechick is in Boom- Boom's skull big-time.

Julian has definitely earned everything he’s attained. We’re all different and for me, the most difficult thing to imagine is the discipline & dedication it takes to get where he is.

I’m not wired like that. I don’t mind working hard and doing my job as best I can. But I’ve never desired to be The Best at what I do.

No see, this is weird, because I have, although only in a very limited setting. I worked as a call center as I've mentioned before here, and I was always struggling to get better. I started off with a terrible problem with anxiety, which has always been a bugbear of mine, and I was fighting to beat it, which I (mostly!) did. because I have the Sperg, this is not a natural field for me, but I've been so hapless about managing to find work that I wanted to make good for the one company in a 3 county area that actually gave me a job interview.

And because I was willing to struggle, and because low end call centers don't tend to attract tryhards, Aspie dude was the best interviewer on the floor for a period of 2-3 years.i8*999999999999999999999997458888888 (Hey Sammy, do you know this guy? He seems to have decided to climb on my keyboard and give a shoutout, let me know if you want me to give him a message)

No see, this is weird, because I have, although only in a very limited setting. I worked as a call center as I've mentioned before here, and I was always struggling to get better. I started off with a terrible problem with anxiety, which has always been a bugbear of mine, and I was fighting to beat it, which I (mostly!) did. because I have the Sperg, this is not a natural field for me, but I've been so hapless about managing to find work that I wanted to make good for the one company in a 3 county area that actually gave me a job interview.

And because I was willing to struggle, and because low end call centers don't tend to attract tryhards, Aspie dude was the best interviewer on the floor for a period of 2-3 years.i8*999999999999999999999997458888888 (Hey Sammy, do you know this guy? He seems to have decided to climb on my keyboard and give a shoutout, let me know if you want me to give him a message)
??? I don’t understand your reply

But that's ok. It sounds like you’ve worked hard to attain what you’ve got. I’ve done that as well despite many life challenges

But that’s nothing close to what it takes to get to where Julian has gotten. He’s one of the best in the world at his specific position

??? I don’t understand your reply

But that's ok. It sounds like you’ve worked hard to attain what you’ve got. I’ve done that as well despite many life challenges

But that’s nothing close to what it takes to get to where Julian has gotten. He’s one of the best in the world at his specific position
That's true. I was only trying to be the best guy in the room. But I got enough of a taste to understand why it could be addictive. And I wasn't just the best guy in the room -- for that period of 24 or so months when I was completely zoned in, I was the best guy in the room by a ridiculous margin most nights.

Basically I started with a great voice and learned how to exploit it through a combination of trial and error and picking up what was working for those around me.

Even if it's just call center work, it's still fun when your supervisor starts holding you up as an example and you can tell other people are trying to copy your style. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots