PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Unification Church founder Rev. Moon dies at 92

Hebeill

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
I wonder what that poster Fogbuster will do now. Anyways good riddence to bad rubbish. He stole untold millions maybe billions from his followers aka Moonies

Unification Church founder Rev. Moon dies at 92 - Yahoo! News

GAPYEONG, South Korea (AP) — The Rev. Sun Myung Moon was a self-proclaimed messiah who built a global business empire. He called both North Korean leaders and American presidents his friends, but spent time in prisons in both countries. His followers around the world cherished him, while his detractors accused him of brainwashing recruits and extracting money from worshippers.

I'm sure the arranged marriages, brain washing and child abduction will continue, however.

I'm sure the arranged marriages, brain washing and child abduction will continue, however.
Do you know if he designated a smaller celestial body to succeed him? Sort of like an asteroid working its way up to be a Moon

Last edited:
Putting On My Moderator's Hat

Please keep in mind it's against the rules to make negative stereotypes against a religion. If we can't show a little more respect to that religion, this thread will be closed.

Fogbuster was the first person I thought of when I saw this morning's news. Then again, he's the only Moonie that I "knew". I would say move this to the religious forum with my Catholic post, but somehow that seems religulous.

Thirty plus years ago I came home from college at Christmastime with long hair down to my shoulders and a scruffy beard. My excuse was that I was too busy studying to get a haircut which didn't go over too well. We went to the airport to pick up a relative and my parents pointed to two cleancut men with suits and short hair and wondered aloud why I couldn't dress like them...The relative who we were waiting for had a flight that was delayed and I went to get something to eat. I was approached by those two clean cut guys who wanted to talk to me about the Unification Church. I brushed them off and got the last laugh when I mentioned to my parents that those "nice young men" were "moonies". I never heard another word about my grooming after that.....

Thirty plus years ago I came home from college at Christmastime with long hair down to my shoulders and a scruffy beard. My excuse was that I was too busy studying to get a haircut which didn't go over too well. We went to the airport to pick up a relative and my parents pointed to two cleancut men with suits and short hair and wondered aloud why I couldn't dress like them...The relative who we were waiting for had a flight that was delayed and I went to get something to eat. I was approached by those two clean cut guys who wanted to talk to me about the Unification Church. I brushed them off and got the last laugh when I mentioned to my parents that those "nice young men" were "moonies". I never heard another word about my grooming after that.....

You could have told the same story if they had been Mormons. Stay away from those clean cut guys who dress like they were on Dragnet.

Last edited:
Re: Putting On My Moderator's Hat

Please keep in mind it's against the rules to make negative stereotypes against a religion. If we can't show a little more respect to that religion, this thread will be closed.

You mean like this?:

"You could have told the same story if they had been Mormons. Stay away from those clean cut guys who dress like they were on Dragnet."

Funny stuff, though. I'm not offended at your digs against wierd religions (I know... redundant). Moon worship is no wierder than any other religion, though. Maybe this will just be the first religion to fall by the wayside. Hopefully the rest will follow. We can only dream.

You could have told the same story if they had been Mormons. Stay away from those clean cut guys who dress like they were on Dragnet.

LOL......the blind leading the naked

patters excpt for mmoonies eveyone else thinks it's a cult not a religion

patters excpt for mmoonies eveyone else thinks it's a cult not a religion
Some would say that every religion begins as a cult.....

..a few even stay that way!!!

Last edited:
What will happen to the Right Wing Rag, Washington Times.. he spent billions to keep that newspaper afloat.. all of which was gathered from his poor followers and his various industries, every time I eat Sushi I think of Rev. Moon and his monopoly on this industry..

Moonies also own the New Yorker Hotel, a midtown Manhattan art deco landmark; and a seafood distribution firm that supplies sushi to Japanese restaurants across the U.S. It gave the University of Bridgeport $110 million over more than a decade to keep the Connecticut school operating.

The moonies bought a ski resort, a professional football team and other businesses in South Korea. They also operates a foreign-owned luxury hotel in North Korea and jointly operates a fledgling North Korean automaker.

Of course no one wants to remember him doing time for income tax evasion.. and how at one time he purified women by having intercourse with them (picarune I believe)...

There was mucho weirdness associated with Moon....

Of course there are on the right who "deified" him... but he was more of a PT Barnum figure than anything else.. he was allowed to have a religious ceremony in the White House etc.

images

images

images

Last edited:

Some would say that every religion begins as a cult.....

..a few even stay that way!!!
Some would say they all stayed that way. I see no significant difference in terms of wierdness of beliefs and ceremonies between the Moonies and any other "mainstream" religion. Just because they've been in business for 200, 2000 or 20,000 years doesn't make them more valid, IMO.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back