PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Player Departure Trent Brown to Cincy 1YR

C'mon, he was made of ass, no?
Know what’s crazy? Everyone in pro sports doesn’t make it to the hall of fame. And yet everyone in pro sports is one in a million. Injuries happen, these aren’t paper cuts or callouses on your hands from folding clothes at the gap, or getting a suntan while standing to close to the fryalitore at the McDonald’s. Serious injuries with serious downstream consequences. Keep paying these guys big money and sooner or later it’s the WWE meets the new NBA.

His exit was an important move in changing the culture in the locker room. A good player when motivated but he needed to go.
Motivated … or healthy ?

There was a reason why someone with his talent lasted until round 7.
Yes ... but for a time he worked hard ...as I said ... and earned millions.
A success story ... we never know a players mental history ... other factors ... but he took advantage of others trying to help him.
IMO ... that should not be discounted ... he is a success story ... perhaps only Scar helped him ... but one needs to accept their failures and weaknesses to move forward ... and he did.

Why you hating on him ... tackle is not really a longevity position like a guard or center.

Know what’s crazy? Everyone in pro sports doesn’t make it to the hall of fame. And yet everyone in pro sports is one in a million. Injuries happen, these aren’t paper cuts or callouses on your hands from folding clothes at the gap, or getting a suntan while standing to close to the fryalitore at the McDonald’s. Serious injuries with serious downstream consequences. Keep paying these guys big money and sooner or later it’s the WWE meets the new NBA.
Yeah, I know I was mocking the whole made of glass thing. And I agree with you.

Over The Cap is now showing 1 year, $4.75M, with $2M guaranteed. Yikes.

Over The Cap is now showing 1 year, $4.75M, with $2M guaranteed. Yikes.

Pretty much says all there is to say about what the league thought about Brown's compete level and the offers (or lack there of) right there. Not only was that what he signed for but he took it in the 1st week of FA. That's a far cry from the $19.5M he banked off his last 2 years with the Pats

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back