PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS TRAINING CAMP Training Camp Day 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our run defense as currently constituted will be a sieve, especially if Fat Thor is hors de combat...

The only issue I see with the front 7 right now is depth. With our secondary, teams will test our run D. It should be solid, but we need Allen back healthy to save wear and tear on Cowart.
Great to see Rivers finally healthy. Hope he stays that way. Dude can passrush.
Also good to see how quickly Uche is coming along.
This D will be one of the best again. But Im more excited about next year.
BB can only do so much with the rooks this year, just not enough practice time.
But Dugger next year? Dude will be all over the defense.
Run defense up the middle could be problematic. The DT's are somewhat un proven or mediocre.

Run defense up the middle could be problematic. The DT's are somewhat un proven or mediocre.
Yep...Cowart is unproven and Butler is mediocre...Guy is our best run-stopper, and while he is indeed very good at it, he is not naturally stout - he entered the league as a prototypical 5-tech:

*Lawrence Guy, Arizona State, DT, 2011 Draft Scout, DraftScout.com/NFL Draft Scout

As underwhelming as Danny Shelton appeared to perform at times last season, I have a feeling that unless more help arrives - maybe it's already here with Xavier Williams, maybe not - then we might find ourselves longing for the days of 2019 Danny Shelton...

Yep...Cowart is unproven and Butler is mediocre...Guy is our best run-stopper, and while he is indeed very good at it, he is not naturally stout - he entered the league as a prototypical 5-tech:

*Lawrence Guy, Arizona State, DT, 2011 Draft Scout, DraftScout.com/NFL Draft Scout

As underwhelming as Danny Shelton appeared to perform at times last season, I have a feeling that unless more help arrives - maybe it's already here with Xavier Williams, maybe not - then we might find ourselves longing for the days of 2019 Danny Shelton...

I think the intent of the Beau Allen signing was for him to replace Shelton's role. I'm 50/50 on whether that will actually happen. Not sure what people have been saying about Allen's camp.

I think the intent of the Beau Allen signing was for him to replace Shelton's role. I'm 50/50 on whether that will actually happen. Not sure what people have been saying about Allen's camp.
They can't be saying much about it; he hasn't been there for a while now...

Sounds like it was a good day for Sanu. He beat Gilmore in both of their 1-on-1 matchups.

sanu was given the Chris Canty treatment. “Let him win a few Stephen”

sanu was given the Chris Canty treatment. “Let him win a few Stephen”
Wrong Bogus certainly missed on the 2001 top picks, but he nailed the 1997 pick when he referred to Chris Can'ty as a "slow dwarf" after Booby Greer passed on Sam Madison, whom Bogus wrote might as well have been James Madison for all Booby knew...

Wrong Bogus certainly missed on the 2001 top picks, but he nailed the 1997 pick when he referred to Chris Can'ty as a "slow dwarf" after Booby Greer passed on Sam Madison, whom Bogus wrote might as well have been James Madison for all Booby knew...

Haha. Funny thing is we nailed the drafts in 95 and 96

My favorite Chris Canty moment was him dancing around after causing a fumble while players were scrambling for the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes