PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trade deadline thread

I absolutely agree! That's what I mentioned JAX he has Ridley and Kirk. They did the right thing by Lawrence. Don't forget even Zach Wilson has Wilson at WR.
The irony is that all the fans on here would have lost their minds if the Patriots gave Kirk the contract that Jacksonville gave him. Everyone complains they want a better OL and WR until the price tag is shown.

We probably needed a season like this to shake people out of that mentality

No. There is no guaranteed compensation if we lose Uche in Free Agency. A 4th round pick in 2024 is better than a 5th or 6th round pick in 2025/.
But isn't it part of a formula that counts in our favor if we lose him and he does well? That said, we probably won't get much back because we are likely to be spenders ... which is probably the point you're making (ha!).

I'll agree. But I think the way of the NFL has finally caught up. It's all offensive geared.. that seed was planted 17,18 years ago when polian cried to the NFL about how physical we were to his diva WRs. Towards the rule changes. So it's all about scoring... we truly need some playmakers on offense.
That may be what the NFL wants is more scoring but the fact is scoring is down to like a 20 year low. And this defense was looking solid before players dropped like flies. It would have kept us in a lot of games if/when the turnovers and penalties hadn’t killed us. That said we certainly lack offensive weapons up and down the lineup. I would keep this defense intact and maybe add another solid player (Danielle Hunter or big beast on D-line) and some speed at LB in offseason.

Please explain to the class how Belichick was going to make keeping Garoppolo work, especially after SB51. [And please note that the person most responsible for Belichick not being able to keep Garoppolo was Belichick himself, after giving Brady his extension after SB49.]
Belichick turned down a first from Cleveland so he could instead send him to his good friend’s son in SF for a second. Just to stick it to Kraft for forcing him to trade Jimmy G

Belichick turned down a first from Cleveland so he could instead send him to his good friend’s son in SF for a second. Just to stick it to Kraft for forcing him to trade Jimmy G
That didn’t happen.

Nobody was giving up a first rounder for a third year QB with not even 6 non mopup quarters of NFL experience.

Last edited:
It was a second plus San Francisco eating $10M of Brian Hoyer's salary so they could get Brady's backup.

OTC estimates $18M for the 2024 safety tag. It was stuck in the $10.5-11.5M range for six years from 2016-2021, but is finally catching up over the last couple.
TE is still cheap at $13M, Henry may be a prime tag target.

I could also see them tagging Onwenu - while it’s expensive at $22M, it allows them to guarantee some continuity on most of the line at least for a year while they try to develop someone behind him. They’d still need to figure out LT though.

But isn't it part of a formula that counts in our favor if we lose him and he does well? That said, we probably won't get much back because we are likely to be spenders ... which is probably the point you're making (ha!).
The starting point is number of qualifying FAs lost versus qualifying FAs signed. If you sign more than you lose, you get no comp picks, period.

I could also see them tagging Onwenu - while it’s expensive at $22M, it allows them to guarantee some continuity on most of the line at least for a year while they try to develop someone behind him. They’d still need to figure out LT though.
If they tag Onwenu, it will almost certainly be with the goal of getting a LTD done.

The normal TE tag amount isn’t relevant for Henry because the tag is a minimum 20% raise over the player’s prior year cap hit. I don’t think he’s an option at $18M+.

The normal TE tag amount isn’t relevant for Henry because the tag is a minimum 20% raise over the player’s prior year cap hit. I don’t think he’s an option at $18M+.
Henry would be 18.6M.

I think Henry is going to get signed by someone else.

I think that Dugger will sign long term after going out and seeing what the market has.

I'm almost certain that Uche is going to be dealt. I think they'll get a 3rd if he agrees to a LTD or a 5th if he isn't.

I think that Onwenu will be signed to a long term deal in the 14-17M Range. Because that's where the RTs are getting paid. Guys who rated out near the top of the league last year got that.

Bringing back Jennings and Pharoah Brown would be good.

A complete roll of the dice: Mac & Zeke to the Cowboys for Trey Lance. If it works out we don’t have to spend a high #1 for a QB. If it doesn’t work out, what’s it matter - we’ve got absolutely nothing to lose but a potential late round pick for Zeke…

A complete roll of the dice: Mac & Zeke to the Cowboys for Trey Lance. If it works out we don’t have to spend a high #1 for a QB. If it doesn’t work out, what’s it matter - we’ve got absolutely nothing to lose but a potential late round pick for Zeke…
They are never doing that.

Lol Trey is trash

It is a buyers market this year

I think
Mac would fetch a 3rd at best
Dugger a 3rd
Zeke a 5th or 6th
Uche a 4th
Bourne a third
Zappe a 7th or nothing

Sad there is not one tradeable asset who we could even get a second for
If they get those offers I’d trade Mac, Zeke, Zappe. Hold the others, they have more value as building blocks for the future here.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back