PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Top prospects returning to school

long distance

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
I find some 2018 Draft “snubs“ a bit shocking.

Most of all of course the return of all Clemson star D-line. From the business side I can't understand this at all. Wilkins was almost unanimous top DT of this draft class and by returning he immediately falls to #2 at best. He was considered as top 10 pick and he'll have to have another monster season w/o injuries to reach that in stronger 2019 class.

Similar with Ferrell climbing all season to the first half of 1st rd possibly going first edge after Chubb and now already finds himself behind Bosa and Gary at least for 2019 with some other strong, big, versatile sophomores. Even Bryant, despite lack of experience is a surprise and possibly costly return. What is this? Some fraternity thing? Im always happy to see things are not only about money but this was quite a shock.

These decisions - along w some others - could considerably hit Pats draft as well. Payne - possibly my favourite 1st rd option - will now definitely be out of reach, this board favourite Vita Vea as well, as will Hubbard.

Surprises or decisions that will affect draft order and Pats options:

QB: Stidham, Thorson, Finley
RB: Harris, Love
WR: Campbell, Sills, Samuel
DL: Wilkins, Dre'Mont Jones, Russel
DE: Ferrell, Bryant, Gustin
OL: Adams, Hyatt

Last edited:
Yes i didn't get the clemson guys returning back to school. Risk injury.

They're also very young and they want to win a championship together. I can't fault anyone for continuing to work on a degree.

If they want to go for the NFL, that's their right. If they want to stay, that's their right.

Stidham is a guy I'd like to draft...No QB is attractive to me this year

I don't think Wilkins was gunna be top DT like some thought.

Bryan, Vea, Hurst, Payne etc and maybe one or two others will prob all go 1st and have a case for #1 DT.

Problem is next year you have an amazing DT class coming out.

I could see Ferrell bc he could easily have slipped out of the top 10. Go back to school and get 15 sacks and get lottery $.

I don't think Wilkins was gunna be top DT like some thought.

Bryan, Vea, Hurst, Payne etc and maybe one or two others will prob all go 1st and have a case for #1 DT.

Problem is next year you have an amazing DT class coming out.

I could see Ferrell bc he could easily have slipped out of the top 10. Go back to school and get 15 sacks and get lottery $.

Its always nice to see people betting on themselves if that's the case here . and Ferrell will certainly get some character points w his decision . but he'll need a hell of a season and some luck to even keep his stock where it seems to be today..

But then one only knows so little..

Im a bit surprised you're putting so many guys ahead of Wilkins though . then again I didn't have the time to go through your amazing prospect reports yet..

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back