PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Too good to not get a QB

Status
Not open for further replies.

LloydBraun

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
This team is far too talened to not make a move now and get a veteran QB. With these WR's, backs and D (save for today), this team has the chance to win even w/o Brady. The "deer in the headlights" QB Cassel is not worth the risk. This team has a chance this year, even w/o the MVP.

The AFC is showing some holes. The Colts are 1-2, the Chargers are 0-2 and already battling injuries ad the Denver D has more holes than swiss cheese. This further exemplifies how this team can win w/o #12.

Therefore, BB and Pioli need to make a move and a move is what I anticipate. They gave Cassel 2 weeks, and the 2 weeks is enough to prove that Cassel is not a championship calibre QB, which this team must have. The question is, will it be:

1. Garcia- a prove winner; model game manager; protects the ball
2. Culpepper- more of a risk; relationship with Moss
3. someone else?

I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Pats come out of the bye week with a new signal caller. Cassel ain't the guy and if BB isn't too stubborn, they can get a veteran that might save the season.

bb has addressed this before.
its very hard for any qb to come in and pick upthe system,establishing a timing and being successul. it isnt like getting a basebal pitchcer in my opinion but what do i know.

I have said since this fiasco started that my pick is Garcia...

Jimmy Johnson said that Kosar picked up his offense is 2 weeks when Aikman got hurt. A vet like Garcia would need time, but luckily we have the bye week right now. Plus, we have 13 games to go to get a vet fully equipped to run the team.

Again, this team is far too talented to not take a shot. The AFC does not have a top team so far and I do not see one developing.

100% agree with this topic.

A developmental QB is all fine and dandy for a team coming of a 5-11 season and looking to gradually progress not a team that won EIGHTEEN GAMES THE PREVIOUS SEASON.

This team is far too talened to not make a move now and get a veteran QB. With these WR's, backs and D (save for today), this team has the chance to win even w/o Brady. The "deer in the headlights" QB Cassel is not worth the risk. This team has a chance this year, even w/o the MVP.

The AFC is showing some holes. The Colts are 1-2, the Chargers are 0-2 and already battling injuries ad the Denver D has more holes than swiss cheese. This further exemplifies how this team can win w/o #12.

Therefore, BB and Pioli need to make a move and a move is what I anticipate. They gave Cassel 2 weeks, and the 2 weeks is enough to prove that Cassel is not a championship calibre QB, which this team must have. The question is, will it be:

3. someone else?
Cassel is doing fine. The trouble is you are expecting Tom Brady. He basically won two games and lost one. panicking and making changes when your plan doesn't provide immediate results is the mark of a team that NEVER gets it together.

Cassel has done all he has been asked to do, and when the reins are relaxed and they put in downfield plays, we'll be great.

In the meantime, making a QB change because your Defense had an off-game is stupid. It's stupid to make DEFENSIVE changes based on one game, never mind changing your offensive do to bad defensive play.

Chill out, get a grip, and relax.

So far he's started out the same path as Brady through his first two games, We were more patient with Brady, because we had no expectations. It's too early to say Cassel can't do something this year. How much of his performance is responsible for today's loss? At the same time, I wouldn't mind seeing Culpepper come in, and say screw the timing passing attack, were throwing deep. (But thats just the Madden Player in me)

Belichick has refused to deal with this issue before Brady went down and after he went down. Perhaps he will now change his mind. He should prepare for the possibility that we don't have a quarterback on the roster who can bring us deep into the playoffs.

There are many here who perferred to bring in a veteran before the season started, and certainly after week one, even we had to carry four QB's until the bye week while the veteran gets up to speed.

Well, now we are 2-1. We need a veteran! Now, I am NOT saying we can't do it with Cassel. He did exactly what Brady did in 2001.

What position does Brady play on defense? If Tom had played today, the Patriots would still have lost. I would have liked some calls for throwing the ball downfield and also to use Matt's running ability ( just enough to keep the defense honest).

You can't just slap a team together and hope it floats. Just look at what happened to the Jets.

3. someone else?

Cassel clearly has some issues....but donlt give the defense a pass today. They sucked just as bad.

My Dead Grandmother could play QB better than that loser Cassel, then again, my dead grandmother and her bridge club could play better defense than the fockin LOSERS they put out there today!!

This was a TOTAL TEAM disgrace!!!!

Friggin EMBARRASSMENT to lose to the LOSERS in FLA.

What a fkn disgrace.....

Geeeezus focking cripes, what a disgrace...............

3. someone else?
i predict you guys will make a deal for a vet during the bye week , if you can find a team willing to trade with NE

if you can't find a trade partner, you may be stuck.

The defense lost this game, not the QB.

3. someone else?

I could not agree MORE........With Cassel at the helm this team has NO CONFIDENCE....and no "fire"....they seem to sense that this kid just CAN NOT get it done.......We will simply NEVER be a playoff team with Cassel as our starting QB......I am not sure how old Garcia is right now.....but he has been oft injured lately.....Culpepper could be a great fit here.....at least he gives us SOME DOWNFIELD threat......and can take off running.......Cassel seems to stand in there too long....gets the deer in the head light look....then by the time he realizes he has no options ....runs too late and gets nowhere......He is very Slow to react.....Now...our OL needs a complete overhaul....Kaczur sucks a##....the rest is inconsistent......But, if we don't sign a vet.....don't look for this team in the playoffs......

I could not agree MORE........With Cassel at the helm this team has NO CONFIDENCE....and no "fire"....they seem to sense that this kid just CAN NOT get it done.......We will simply NEVER be a playoff team with Cassel as our starting QB......I am not sure how old Garcia is right now.....but he has been oft injured lately.....Culpepper could be a great fit here.....at least he gives us SOME DOWNFIELD threat......and can take off running.......Cassel seems to stand in there too long....gets the deer in the head light look....then by the time he realizes he has no options ....runs too late and gets nowhere......He is very Slow to react.....Now...our OL needs a complete overhaul....Kaczur sucks a##....the rest is inconsistent......But, if we don't sign a vet.....don't look for this team in the playoffs......

Did you happen to watch the Jets game last week?

Just asking.

The defense lost the game but some of u are not getting the point.All the games will be like this as long as Cassel stays the QB.He will pass for 165 to 185 and that wont get tje job doned.

I expect the defense to play better against the 49ers but i expect the same from Cassel.This team will have no more then 20 points.The passing game is brutal and thats due to Cassel.

no one is going to trade us a qb for free

no matter who we get this O-line has troubles it needs to straighten out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes