PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tony Kornheiser replaced by Jon Gruden on MNF

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Great move by the network to get rid of this waste of space wanna be funny man in the booth named Tony Kornheiser

I am glad we won't have to listen to his 'fantasy team' this season

From what I saw of Chucky on the broadcast of the draft,He seems to have a good feel for the booth and has a good sense of humor and smarts of the game and likely to be much better than Tony.

I do think this will be a one year deal,Jon is too good of a coach to be out of the sidelines for too long - Just like Cowher,I expect Gruden to be a HC somewhere next season.

Gruden replacing Kornheiser on MNF : NPR

Last edited:
Not a huge fan of Gruden either, seems as though he wants to be somekind of wise guy talking out of the side of his mouth.. he will bring some depth to the booth, certainly better than entertainment value...

What kind of delay do you think they are going to have for Gruden's F-Bombs?

Yes! Finally....hopefully we can get rid of frank purdue next....i mean john "chickenhead" clayton!
woo-hoo

love the move......chuckie will be another glanville in the booth........

I thought the worst guy ever in the booth on MNF was Dennis Miller but I was wrong,Kornheiser was the worst.

thank the good lord.

I never had a problem with Tony K., but then again I don't really pay attention to the broadcasters when I'm watching games. So if it makes y'all happy, then it's a good thing.

Maybe it's a family trait - my dad likes listening to John Madden. ;)

Thank God, Kornholio was the worst of a bad lot.

Good question about the f-bomb delay. Wonder what they are gonna do :confused:

I'm actually disappointed. I would often break out hysterically laughing at his horrendous attempts at humor. He was like an unfunny Seinfeld. I always thought the producers were missing something great when they failed to add a clown horn sound effect after every attempted punch line.

I didn't mind Kornheiser in the slightest, but Gruden was fantastic on the NFLN draft coverage, and I expect he'll be tremendous on MNF. That's a really good 3some imo.

Grudan is a good choice, he's more laid back and brings in a coaching perspective that they haven't had yet.

I liked Kornheiser but he tried too hard to make what he was saying seem to be coming from somewhere other than the sportswriter or fan's perspective..

I thought he was more like a 'clean' mouthed George Carlin :rip:

Comparing Tony Kornheiser to George Carlin is like comparing Forest Gump to Stephen Hawking.

Not a big fan of Gruden personally (although he was probably the most vocal in defense of Belichick during Spygate), but he is pretty good as a talking head. I enjoyed his time on the NFL Network's draft coverage. I think he will be a major upgrade.

I couldn't stand Kornheiser. The guy didn't know football enough to be in the booth. He also seemed to need to prove he knew football with all his useless facts.

Comparing Tony Kornheiser to George Carlin is like comparing Forest Gump to Stephen Hawking.

Damn, hard to come back from that great one liner...:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots