Not open for further replies.

Box_O_Rocks

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9177894/rss

"How did you rate the officiating on the NFL divisional weekend?"

Found near the bottom of Q&A: Mike Pereira, NFL supervisor of officials

Oddly enough, 67% didn't think highly of the officiating! Who'da thunk it?

I think the officiating was bad all the way around but it had nothing to do with the fumble/touchback and the fumbled punt return. I also refuse to use it as an excuse.

huskeralk said:
I think the officiating was bad all the way around but it had nothing to do with the fumble/touchback and the fumbled punt return. I also refuse to use it as an excuse.
I don't consider the officiating an excuse, maybe a factor, but there was no question several team heros dug their own holes. That said, it was poor officiating, even BroncoZeke thought so, and I don't mind letting Pereira and othe NFL officials read some more about it, even if it is a CBS fan poll.

huskeralk said:

lol

He didn't say anything about any of that stuff... take it easy.

I voted "horrible and needs to be fixed"... cause it was and it does.

It's also interesting to note that in the interview, he says "two of the eight games" so far in the postseason were not performed at an acceptable level by referees. He names the Pittsburg game as one (which is easy what with the league apologizing and all), but he doesn't mention which the other one was... and then the next question deals with Carolina-Chicago. Funny, the implication you could draw from that :rolleyes:

Last edited:
CheerforTom said:
lol

He didn't say anything about any of that stuff... take it easy.

I voted "horrible and needs to be fixed"... cause it was and it does.

It's also interesting to note that in the interview, he says "two of the eight games" so far in the postseason were not performed at an acceptable level by referees. He names the Pittsburg game as one (which is easy what with the league apologizing and all), but he doesn't mention which the other one was... and then the next question deals with Carolina-Chicago. Funny, the implication you could draw from that :rolleyes:

I know he wasn't saying that and I wasn't attacking him for it. Just making a comment on the officials.

huskeralk said:
I know he wasn't saying that and I wasn't attacking him for it. Just making a comment on the officials.

And as usual, your comments, observations, thoughts (haha), are always opposed to what other Patriots fans think.

I seriously doubt that you are a Patriots fan or a football fan. I think that favorite sport is stirring turds.

Just making a comment.

Last edited:
PATSNUTme said:
And as usual, your comments, observations, thoughts (haha), are always opposed to what other Patriots fans think.

I seriously doubt that you are a Patriots fan or a football fan. I think that favorite sport is stirring turds.

Just making a comment.

I thought I was on your "dead to me" list. What gives? And if you pay attention, there are Patriots fans that agree with me. I guess they're not really fans either though. :rolleyes:

huskeralk said:

by fumbled punt return, i assume you mean the troy brown fumbled punt return? watch the videos. they are all over the net. he is hit before he can make the play. there is no question if you actually watch it.

by fumble/touchback, what are you talking about? do you mean the watson play (which was an interception/touchback)?

you are an idiot. i know some people on this board wont have the nuts to say that, but i will.

Last edited:
PatsWorldChamps said:
by fumbled punt return, i assume you mean the troy brown fumbled punt return? watch the videos. they are all over the net. he is hit before he can make the play. there is no question if you actually watch it.

by fumble/touchback, what are you talking about? do you mean the watson play?

you are an idiot. i know some people on this board wont have the nuts to say that, but i will.

Why am I an idiot? Because I refuse to act like a Raiders or a Colts fan? If that's the case, then an idiot I am. And I'm damn proud I might add.

huskeralk said:
I thought I was on your "dead to me" list. What gives? And if you pay attention, there are Patriots fans that agree with me. I guess they're not really fans either though. :rolleyes:
No worries ALK, I think of you as one of those Ostrich feather fans, waving gently just out of reach of the Queen's semi-nude figure in the steamy harem quarters. No reason for you shouldn't stir things up here if it helps you forget your own woes. :p

Last edited:
huskeralk said:
you say it "was bad all the way around". explain how it was bad for the broncos. name any play, and i'll be happy to review it on tivo.

Last edited:
Box_O_Rocks said:
No worries ALK, I think of you as one of those Ostrich feather fans, waving gently just out of reach of the Queen's semi-nude figure in the steamy harem quarters. No reason for you shouldn't stir things up here if it helps you forget your own woes. :p

My woes have been forgotten, I'm in postseason mode now. Until the super bowl pary anyway. :rocker: I'm just not one to back down from a discussion.

huskeralk said:
Why am I an idiot? Because I refuse to act like a Raiders or a Colts fan? If that's the case, then an idiot I am. And I'm damn proud I might add.
answer the questions.

huskeralk said:
My woes have been forgotten, I'm in postseason mode now. Until the super bowl pary anyway. :rocker: I'm just not one to back down from a discussion.
That's the ticket, the draft forum awaits with many a bitter battle to be fought to the glory of our hero and icon, Bsamson! :eek:

PatsWorldChamps said:
answer the questions.

What questions? The Broncos non calls you mean? I don't know of any, I'm just saying the refs did a poor job by all the way around I didn't mean the Broncos. I can assure you though if I watched the game a second time I could did up some plays where there weren't penalties called on us too. There are penalties not called both ways every single game. The refs did a bad job, what more do you want me to say? I just won't use it as an excuse.

Box_O_Rocks said:
That's the ticket, the draft forum awaits with many a bitter battle to be fought to the glory of our hero and icon, Bsamson! :eek:

Ehhh...I'm not much of a draft guy. I'm kind of a casual observer. I know the first round guys and some of the second but I don't really study it all that much.

huskeralk said:
What questions? The Broncos non calls you mean? I don't know of any, I'm just saying the refs did a poor job by all the way around I didn't mean the Broncos. I can assure you though if I watched the game a second time I could did up some plays where there weren't penalties called on us too. There are penalties not called both ways every single game. The refs did a bad job, what more do you want me to say? I just won't use it as an excuse.
ok, which plays? im not saying that that is impossible, im just asking which plays you think went in the pats favor? i still have the game on tivo, and i'd like to watch the plays you thought went in favor of the pats.

not to be a homer, but the pats got jobbed, big time.

huskeralk said:
Ehhh...I'm not much of a draft guy. I'm kind of a casual observer. I know the first round guys and some of the second but I don't really study it all that much.
Perhaps not, but watching the gentle discussions, the care with which each rebuttal is crafted, the precise strokes on the keyboard, and the blood flowing off the screen, it never fails to inspire. :eat2:

PatsWorldChamps said:
ok, which plays? im not saying that that is impossible, im just asking which plays you think went in the pats favor? i still have the game on tivo, and i'd like to watch the plays you thought went in favor of the pats.

not to be a homer, but the pats got jobbed, big time.

I don't have the game on tivo and I don't have any particular plays in mind.

huskeralk said:
I don't have the game on tivo and I don't have any particular plays in mind.
LOL. whatever. i can name several specific plays, which if you watch them, were definitely against the pats. im not talking about boring 5-yd movement penalties. im talking about game-changing plays. i know it's the cool thing to say we had our chances; we shouldnt have dropped the ball, etc... but the bottom line is, if the calls went the way they obviously should have, then the pats win that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes