Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice_Ice_Brady

I heard 10,000 whispering and nobody listening
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Tom Brady - Records within striking distance

Most Wins (Regular Season)

Brady (185 wins) trails Peyton Manning and Brett Favre (186 wins) by just one win and could tie the record on Sunday with a win against Carolina. Brady already holds the record for most total wins, including playoffs (210). With the most regular season wins, Brady would hold the record for most regular season wins, most division titles, most divisional championship wins, most conference championship wins, and most Super Bowl wins.

Most Number of Different Receivers to catch a TD pass
By my count, Brandon Cooks on Sunday became the 67th player to catch a TD pass from Brady. Vinny Testaverde holds the record with 70. Brady has not yet thrown a TD pass to Dwayne Allen, Phillip Dorsett, Mike Gillislee, or Jacob Hollister. It is possible for Brady to eclipse the record this season if each of them (or another player TBD) were all to catch a TD pass. Testaverde started for six different NFL teams during his career.

Most Touchdown Passes (an alternative take)
Most of us know that Peyton Manning holds the NFL record for career touchdown passes with 539, while Brees (471) and Brady (464) are quickly approaching the mark. Here are a couple more ways of looking at it:

Including Playoffs
Manning, 579
Brady, 527
Brees, 495

Brady trails Manning by 52 touchdowns, when the playoffs are included. Although this wouldn't be as recognized by the mainstream media, if Brady stays healthy and remains the Patriots starter, he would likely have more NFL touchdown passes than Manning sometime in 2018.

Touchdowns minus Interceptions (including playoffs)
Brady, +344
Manning, +303
Brees, +269
Rodgers, +236
Favre, +186

I think Touchdowns minus Interceptions is a more telling stat than just total touchdown passes because it combines longevity and efficiency. When you look at Brett Favre's +186, it is probably a more accurate gauge of what he actually did (good and bad). Rodgers has moved up this list incredibly fast and has already surpassed Favre. Although Manning leads Brady in career touchdown passes, Brady's +/- shows how much better he has been in avoiding interceptions. Just to show how dominant Brady has been during this era, here are some other long-time current contemporaries in +/- :

Brady, +344
Brees, +269
Rodgers, +236
Rivers, +160
Roethlisberger, +147
Ryan, +138
E. Manning, +114
Palmer, +103
Stafford, +86
Smith, +83
Flacco, +79

Last edited:
I am sure he can have a better season barring injury than what favre did with the Vikings at 40. I still would love for them to run the football a little more.

I just want him to stay healthy and pick up a sixth Lombardi.
Like @PatriotsNumero1Fan , I'd actually like it if they ran the ball a bit more...I'm not worried about his arm, but I would like to see them focus on limiting the number of hits he takes. Too easy to forget that last year he basically played a 15 game season with three Byes.

Vinny Testaverde's record is a regular season record. So Develin is still an option too.

Vinny Testaverde's record is a regular season record. So Develin is still an option too.
Back in 2006, Vinnie was a backup for Tom. He completed 2 of 3 passes for the season for a QBR of 99.9.

The complete total TD record is cool and all but that's not now the official records keepers keep those records. Brady will have to throw 75 TD passes in the regular season to pass Manning. That's doable if he throws 25 over the next 3 years and providing that Brees doesn't pass Manning and then has to throw more (that '08 knee injury really hurt Brady's chances at the record).

don't forget WINS

yes, haters say it's a team thing, but we know (see Sunday) that wins are also a BRADY THING.

:)

It's mind blowing how far away Brees and Brady are from Manning's TD record.

That really is a crazy number

Most Wins (Regular Season)
Brady (185 wins) trails Peyton Manning with Brett Favre (186 wins) by just one win and could tie the record on Sunday with a win against Carolina. Brady already holds the record for most total wins, including playoffs (210). With the most regular season wins, Brady would hold the record for most regular season wins, most division titles, most divisional championship wins, most conference championship wins, and most Super Bowl wins.

Most Number of Different Receivers to catch a TD pass
By my count, Brandon Cooks on Sunday became the 67th player to catch a TD pass from Brady. Vinny Testaverde holds the record with 70. Brady has not yet thrown a TD pass to Dwayne Allen, Phillip Dorsett, Mike Gillislee, or Jacob Hollister. It is possible for Brady to eclipse the record this season if each of them (or another player TBD) were all to catch a TD pass. Testaverde started for six different NFL teams during his career.

Most Touchdown Passes (an alternative take)
Most of us know that Peyton Manning holds the NFL record for career touchdown passes with 539, while Brees (471) and Brady (464) are quickly approaching the mark. Here are a couple more ways of looking at it:

Including Playoffs
Manning, 579
Brady, 527
Brees, 495

Brady trails Manning by 52 touchdowns, when the playoffs are included. Although this wouldn't be as recognized by the mainstream media, if Brady stays healthy and remains the Patriots starter, he would likely have more NFL touchdown passes than Manning sometime in 2018.

Touchdowns minus Interceptions (including playoffs)
Brady, +344
Manning, +303
Brees, +269
Rodgers, +236
Favre, +186

I think Touchdowns minus Interceptions is a more telling stat than just total touchdown passes because it combines longevity and efficiency. When you look at Brett Favre's +186, it is probably a more accurate gauge of what he actually did (good and bad). Rodgers has moved up this list incredibly fast and has already surpassed Favre. Although Manning leads Brady in career touchdown passes, Brady's +/- shows how much better he has been in avoiding interceptions. Just to show how dominant Brady has been during this era, here are some other long-time current contemporaries in +/- :

Brady, +344
Brees, +269
Rodgers, +236
Rivers, +160
Roethlisberger, +147
Ryan, +138
E. Manning, +114
Palmer, +103
Stafford, +86
Smith, +83
Flacco, +79

Damn...

image.jpeg

...maybe he IS Superman. o_O

It's mind blowing how far away Brees and Brady are from Manning's TD record.

That really is a crazy number

That number will be eclipsed so totally that it won't seem impressive 10-20 years from now. In historical context, he broke a record that had been in place for about five years (Favre). His record will be in tact for roughly five years. To see mind blowing records, you'll need to look at Tom Brady's accomplishments. Those will never be broken.

Brady could be at 500 already if he passed inside the 5 like Manning did
Nope. Turns out the percentage of Brady's career TD passes that are short is higher than Manning's percentage. I've posted on this in the past and you can verify it with some PFR queries.

Nope. Turns out the percentage of Brady's career TD passes that are short is higher than Manning's percentage. I've posted on this in the past and you can verify it with some PFR queries.

I think a lot only remember that 2013 season. So that's where that comes from.

He needs one of the quick cats on the team to learn Edelman's role. I am not saying anyone can completely replace Julian however someone needs to be his "safety blanket" running the "underneath" routes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft