PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Titans 30th in rush defense

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTS-80

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
I will bet that Brady gets one opening series, Cassell gets the rest of the game, and our strategy will be to run the football.

I think their going to play this one like a normal football game.

I think their going to play this one like a normal football game.

Brady will not likely be playing inthe second half. why would he?
BB will try to get a lead in the fist half, then play the bench in the second half. still trying to win, but also making sure ppl get healthy

I will bet that Brady gets one opening series, Cassell gets the rest of the game, and our strategy will be to run the football.

As long as BB doesn't go with the Indy game plan again I don't care who plays. Well, as long as it's a victory.

Nem,it may be over simplfying the offensive game plan,but I have to admit I was thinking the same thing re the Indy game....of course the last few weeks and the way the Colts are yielding more yards than the Italian Army on the ground have affirmed that belief...

We need to work on the passing game. Fine tune the existing routes and use some new routes in game situations. And we need to start throwing the ball to jackson.

I agree - but it should be Cassell throwing the ball after the 1st quarter. Good for him to get some gametime work too - and there will be less pressure on Jackson with Cassell throwing to him (if that's been an issue with him to date).

No way is this a "normal" game. Although I think BB would like to win this game, resting players is much more important - and avoiding injury.

Let Cassell and the WRs work on routes. Let Heath Evans run the ball - don't take any chances - and still beat the Titans if you can. That's the gameplan

There was absolutely NO logical reason that they went away from the running game which was successful inthe first half. Total insanity and piss poor play calling inthe 2nd half.

That game was there for the taking, as was the Denver game when the same thing happened, in reverse.

Denver's run defense was stuffing us from every angle, yet the play calling didnt change and they kept tryng to run into stone walls.

Sometimes I get the feeling that Josh McDaniels is so much into himself that he continues with game plans that arent working in hgopes that they will work so he can take the credit for it.

But, in the meantime, we lose games. (Three games this season were lost, IMO, because of very bad play calling decisions, (Colts, Broncos and Jets)

And many others were much too close, and in many cases went down to the final minutes, and were only salvaged by the defense.

People may disagree with me and they keep citing the 11-4 record, and it is hard to argue with that.... But there is a lot more, under the surface, to the way games are won, or lost..... and we have been very fortunate this season tobe where we are...because in a lot of those games, one mistake and we could easily be 6-9 or 7-8, etc.... thats how close so many of them were to being losses instead of wins.. And, for the future, that has to change....

No Nem it doesn't have to change. As for "abandoning the run", people forget that the Colts had the ball for almost all the third quarter for two long time consuming scoring drives.

THEY played keep away from US.

By the fourth we were behind and had to throw.... don't let facts get in the way of a good theory.

Fact is we lost to three playoff teams; it happens. Not a single upset there. The only team with a losing record was the loss at Miami and that is a game that Saban and the Phish really wanted. It was the only solace for their season that turned to pasture patties.

The Indy game plan worked very well. In the first alf we ran for 100 yards and it was only a 4 point game. Then, for some strange reason, the OC changed in mid game, only gave Maroney four carries in the second half, and completely abandoned the running game, WHICH WAS WORKING TO PERFECTION.... result...LOSS, at HOME.

This could not possibly have happened. You tell us, ad nauseum, that this O.C. doesn't make adjustments. Therefore, it is impossible for your claim to be correct.

This could not possibly have happened. You tell us, ad nauseum, that this O.C. doesn't make adjustments. Therefore, it is impossible for your claim to be correct.

that is hilarious

I agree with all said below. I usually ignore the normal second guessing of individual plays. However, the pattern of play-calling at this point in the game was aweful. We chose to panic and go to the passing game twice with plenty of time left for us to succeed against a truly aweful run defense. Personally, I think it was a result of not trusting the defense to stop Manning, and a lack of experience.

Actually, the score at the beginning of the 4th quarter was 24-17 Colts and with 13.31 still to play, Scott intercepted Manning and brought it to the Pats 46 yard line. Great Field position, and plenty of time.

But, instead of dooing what was working the whole game, into a porous run defense, McDaniels went to the air. On 1st down an OUT route was incomplete, and on 2nd down the pass was intercepted. The Colts went on to kick a field goal, and with still, 10 minutes left, they led by 10.

Let's get Dillon and/or Maroney a 100 yard game and then have Vinny throw a TD for old time sake

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes