PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thursday Night Football: Vikings vs Rams

You don't draft WR/RB in the first unless it's a transcendent player.

This game is a perfect example why. Diggs(Drafted 5th Rd), Kupp(3rd), Thielen (UDFA) all drafted 3rd +.

Goff putting up Madden numbers.

Cooks is excelling in the Rams offense because he doesn’t have to do a math equation like he did with the Pats when running routes. Just use your speed and go!

Todd Gurley = Beast!

Brady of 07 would have loved Cooks

But 41 year old brady doesn’t have the same arm strength as 30 year old brady...so Cooks fits Better with Goff at the moment

Brady at his physical peak had a beautiful deep ball though

Yep. These days Tom can still make those deep throws, but he needs larger windows and time to really air out passes to complete them. No knock on him but it's the truth. He can still throw bullets and his seam passes are beautiful, and at any rate it's his ability to use the irons instead of winning the long drive contest, so to speak, that makes him the GOAT. But he DID used to have the throw Goff made to Cooks in the bag too--just go watch any highlight reel from 07.

Brady of 07 would have loved Cooks

But 41 year old brady doesn’t have the same arm strength as 30 year old brady...so Cooks fits Better with Goff at the moment

Brady at his physical peak had a beautiful deep ball though
His arm is still great. His strength has never been the deep ball though occasionally he's decent with it. Brady would never be the greatest of all time if it was measured by his deep ball prowess.

He did. One of the most impressive throws I've ever seen in an NFL game was an incompletion to Moss at the end of the '07 SB. Almost 80 yds in the air on a line.

Moss should’ve caught that! He alligator armed the s*** out of that. If he would’ve put more effort like jumping up for it, he would’ve caught it.

Five-hundred yards passing in the first half? This is crap football -- basketball in cleats, just what the Goodell-ites wanted. :mad:

Five-hundred yards passing in the first half? This is crap football -- basketball in cleats, just what the Goodell-ites wanted. :mad:

That is the 2018 NFL, and our defense is full of slow run stuffers who can't stop the run. It's going to be a long year for this defense.

Rams will win the Super Bowl this year. You heard it here first folks. No cold weather playoff games required. Philly will have to win there.

Do you think it has anything to do with the QB?

Brady has never been great with the deep ball

Pretty much. I thought Brady’s deep ball back in the day was pretty good. One of the best passes (albeit incomplete) was the one to Moss in the final minutes of the first NYG Super Bowl. Across the field too. So close to being complete.

They named the poor guy Danielle?

Didn't the Vikings just get blown out by the Bills who got blown out by a combined score of something like 80-20 in their first 2 games?

And the lions defense gave up 39 per game until they met the pats

He did. One of the most impressive throws I've ever seen in an NFL game was an incompletion to Moss at the end of the '07 SB. Almost 80 yds in the air on a line.

Ha, said the same thing. And yes there’s no way he can make that throw Anymore. Have to dink and dunk our way down and hope Gordon provides the occasional deep threat. I actually think Gordon will work well with brady just due to his catch radius. He makes that catch over the middle that dorsett couldn’t handle.

Ha, said the same thing. And yes there’s no way he can make that throw Anymore. Have to dink and dunk our way down and hope Gordon provides the occasional deep threat. I actually think Gordon will work well with brady just due to his catch radius. He makes that catch over the middle that dorsett couldn’t handle.

He may help some, but the reality is the ceiling for this offense is not very high, and the defense is the least talented in the BB era. That is not a recipe for success.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back