PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This Will make you feel a lot Better

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll believe it when I see it.

I still haven't seen enough of Stidham to have an opinion. Mobility is nice but it's not a really important skill for a QB.
Accuracy,decision-making and leadership are all much more important.
Those traits separate Mahomes and Wilson from the other mobile QBs.
They're skills that develop over time but we saw them in Brady fairly early.
You also don't know how they'll respond on a big stage under big pressure.
Brady's one of the best athletes I've ever seen in those situations,Jordan-like.
Brady is one of the 2 most competitive athletes I've seen, along with Jordan.
You can't expect that early on from Stidham. But if he can make steady improvement and be a film junkie he's got a chance to at least be good.

I think Stidham has all the tools to be a good NFL QB. Whether he is able to produce on the field and be a good NFL QB, well that’s the big unknown. I think patience is needed.

But he does remind me of Jimmy G. Quick release (maybe not as quick as Jimmy G), good arm (slightly better than Jimmy G), smart, works hard. I’m hoping he becomes what I think he can. Nobody can replace Tom Brady. But if he becomes the QB I think he can be, then I think Belichick can win with him.

The draft will be really interesting, if they pick a QB early, it could be an indictment on Stidham, if they pick one late, they are proving they have a ton of confidence in him.

Who remembers the Matt LaCosse puff pieces?

The same Mike Lombardi who said that Brady is going to the 49ers?

I think Stidham has all the tools to be a good NFL QB. Whether he is able to produce on the field and be a good NFL QB, well that’s the big unknown. I think patience is needed.

But he does remind me of Jimmy G. Quick release (maybe not as quick as Jimmy G), good arm (slightly better than Jimmy G), smart, works hard. I’m hoping he becomes what I think he can. Nobody can replace Tom Brady. But if he becomes the QB I think he can be, then I think Belichick can win with him.

The draft will be really interesting, if they pick a QB early, it could be an indictment on Stidham, if they pick one late, they are proving they have a ton of confidence in him.
Hurts would be fun
As well as Cole McDonald I’m glad they mention McDonald in the article insane athlete like the kid a lot.

I can't read it yet, it's too soon.

Hurts would be fun
As well as Cole McDonald I’m glad they mention McDonald in the article insane athlete like the kid a lot.
I like both QBs. Hurts is a Lamar Jackson type (rushed for 1200 yards last year, that’s insane), yet McDonald ran a faster 40. Crazy.

If you really want the Patriots to suck as badly as possible, you’ll feel better.

Last edited:
The same Mike Lombardi who said that Brady is going to the 49ers?

KS wanted him and Jed York talked him out of it. Lombardi’s no soothsayer, but he can judge football talent.

He might be a decent player if he could just stay on the field.
Seriously! I actually do like LaCosse but the guy is made of glass.

"Ryan Mallet Popped"

No way to feel good or bad about Stidham. Not enough information. The justifiable concern is the complete lack of young talent on the roster. No te,rb,dl or lb. Slowest wr core in the league (I know the guy we just signed is supposed to be fast, but so was Dorsett). Brady left because of talent level on the team. I firmly believe that. TB has 2 receivers better than anybody we've got, and that holds true for rb and te as well. He simply has more to work with in Tampa Bay.

Stidham... Is that Irish? Cuz Brady was Irish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News