PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Uncle Ignoramus Ridiculously Early 2012 Roster Projection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heh!! Nicely argued...:cool:

We're gonna have to agree to diverge on this one, my friend: You and I have dramatically different views on what constitutes "fading", as well as divergent views on how Coach Bill The Mad (Genius) perceives the term and its import. Viva la Difference, mon ami!! :D

Bon! Et Oui.

It's not just that we hate him. It's that the Patriots hate him. Troy Brown has remarked more than once that they throught he was a fraud and a whiner. Then you look at how he threw the Chargers and Jets under the bus on the way out. No chance.

Did he really throw the Jets under the bus, or did he see a Mickey Mouse organization run under Fat Boy with no accountability? Did he throw the Chargers under the bus, or was he upset because they said he was done and not worth the money anymore?

Business is business, and in business egos get put aside. I do know that I'd rather see LaDainian in our backfield on third down than anybody else we have on the roster currently.

If Verren shows that he can be dependable in Pass Pro next year, then maybe I'll think differently.

Did he really throw the Jets under the bus, or did he see a Mickey Mouse organization run under Fat Boy with no accountability? Did he throw the Chargers under the bus, or was he upset because they said he was done and not worth the money anymore?

Business is business, and in business egos get put aside. I do know that I'd rather see LaDainian in our backfield on third down than anybody else we have on the roster currently.

If Verren shows that he can be dependable in Pass Pro next year, then maybe I'll think differently.

He very specifically threw Rivers and Gates under the bus along with others. Sorry but Rivers played the AFCCG with a torn ACL and Gates has also toughed out a lot of injuries. By all accounts both are very professional. It was petty jealousy. The Jets.......who knows it's the Jets.

I don't think he would come here and I don't think BB or TB would want him.

I think I'd rather have Lloyd than Wayne at this point in their respective careers. Granted, I didn't watch a single Colts game this year so I have no idea how much tread is left.

No thanks to LdT.

CB
- although their current CBs are not a world beater, I am ok with adding through the draft
- possibly bring in a mid to low level veteran (William Gay, Hayden, etc.)

I changed my mind, one player who keeps popping up as a candidate is Richard Marshall from Arizona. Former Fresno State player, BB would get the inside scoop from Pat Hill.

He also played a little FS which adds to the versatility. Not exactly Ty Law but could be a quality depth guy and a starter at multiple positions in a pinch.

Richard Marshall - Arizona Cardinals - 2012 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com

I love seeing Adam Carriker in a Patriots uniform. He's the only free agent 3-4 DE I'd want. It's too bad his price has gone up a lot.

I changed my mind, one player who keeps popping up as a candidate is Richard Marshall from Arizona. Former Fresno State player, BB would get the inside scoop from Pat Hill.

He also played a little FS which adds to the versatility. Not exactly Ty Law but could be a quality depth guy and a starter at multiple positions in a pinch.

Richard Marshall - Arizona Cardinals - 2012 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com

Pat Hill is now an Atlanta Falcons coach. He's not giving Belichick any info on any of his ex-players. Doesn't matter though, Marshall's been out of Fresno State 5 years or so. Hill can't give Belichick any relevant information now that he couldn't give him when Marshall was going through the draft process.

I'm pretty sure Tomlinson would retire before he signed with the Pats. There's a guy who's spent his entire career hating New England. Plus, even if BJGE leaves as a FA (I really doubt it), I think we have the RBs already on the roster to backfill, between Woodhead, Ridley and Vereen.

LDT says he would love to join the Pats...

Pass. GFY Mr. Class.

I`d keep Ocho over Wayne. He`s spent a year learning the offense. Lloyd knows much of it already. Given a full camp, I could see those two as very effective wideouts for us.

Chad is signed for next year isn`t he? (And little cost to release?)

Crazy man. Ocho just didnt get it. Wayne is more intelligent and can still actually run routes and get seperation

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes