Reaction score

4qwe73.gif

Poll:
More TD passes going forward?

A) Glam
B) Squirrel + Jakobi
C) Stids
D) Anyone from a Military Academy or Rutgers

At least he gets to finish his time here on the field...so we have that going for us...

Could this season be anymore annoying? I mean, it's like the greatest tease in franchise history. The team is loaded with nice, young talent that is playing now, growing at different rates with some good things to look forward to, etc. But if we just had Edelman, Newton may not have been so absolutely awful even after his stupid Covid19 slip up which sabotaged the season. How are you hunkered down in an abandoned hotel on Foxborough's campus and get Covid19 anyway? Hmm.

Anyway, I was hoping they'd shut him down now that NE is out of the playoffs. Just have him be ready with the reset button for offseason workouts for crying out loud. Do we really need a soon to be 35 year old vet into 2021 hurt somehow in meaningless games?

If they sign an Allen Robinson type, Edelman comes back for some main slot WR Amendola type duty, grooms Gunner, and they draft another WR, don't look now, but they're in business with an offseason program, a new QB (Stidham?), and some sustainable, regular non-Covid schedules again.

Every time the fans turn around, there's something on top of Covid. James White's parents, Asiasi's friend, Edelman needing a second procedure, etc.

The neverending season of annoyances, on top of Newton like dog shiyat every week and the media claiming the players and coaches love the results from Newton, with the worst QB play since Tommy Hodson in 1990. Absolutely bizarre season beyond words.

Look for him to be over targeted.

Who do you see signing him if he plays another season? Tampa Bay?
Not sure. I’d think it’ll be a bad team with a bad GM, if I had to guess. Someone might overpay for him - thinking his experience/leadership is « what they need to make the playoffs ».

He had one great game. I’d like to see him retire after this season. He’s not what he was - but I really appreciate « what he was ».

Not sure. I’d think it’ll be a bad team with a bad GM, if I had to guess. Someone might overpay for him - thinking his experience/leadership is « what they need to make the playoffs ».

He had one great game. I’d like to see him retire after this season. He’s not what he was - but I really appreciate « what he was ».
He's at the very least a Patriots hall of famer. I personally would be okay signing him one more season for a leadership role but your point isn't wrong either

Edelman has NOT been activated from the IR. He only started practicing. We'll have to see what happens between now and the end of the year.

To me he's a borderline HOF. He delivered in every big game.

At the very least, I have to feel there will be a debate, but I feel like fantasy-focused voters will keep him out. He's Pats royalty at this point, though, and I look forward to his red jacket day.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Back